Droid2 Powering down unexpectedly

deadbird8

Reaction score
This Droid2 will power down in the middle of a call (even with plenty of battery life). Has happened more than once and it takes forever to power it back on (hold down the power button for >30 seconds).

Phone will also just lock up when just sitting idle and cannot get it to respond (little green light flashing in the corner but the power button will not work)- I have to remove the battery and reinsert to get it to get it power up and give me a login screen prompt.

Anyone else experienced this? Is there are fix or is this a bad phone? Any diagnostics I could run on it?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm assuming you're stock. Try a hard reset from recovery and see if that fixes it. If not you should take it back as there's a one-year warranty on it as long as you haven't rooted.

OP
D

deadbird8

Reaction score
Yes its stock- work phone. I will search for the 'reset from recovery' procedure if it doesn't destroy data. If so it will probably end back up at VzW - can't deal with an unreliable phone. Thanks for the quick reply.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It destroys all data on the phone -- you'll have to sign back in and everything. You'll want to back up any sensitive data first, but as long as you have your contacts and other data backed up with Google you won't lose everything.

Still, I'd take it back to Verizon and ask them to transfer all your data over to the new phone. They have tools we don't. :)