Droid Maxx XT1080 not responding: shows as QHSUSB_DLOAD in device manager

amtrak23

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Hello. My unrooted stock Maxx was sitting on the table charging the other night and when I pulled it off it was powered off. It wouldn't restart and I can't get it into fastboot. I have tried charging it via PC and wall outlet with various cables and still can't get it to respond.

I bought a factory programming cable and can get some activity from it on occasion. Sometimes the green led light will stay on for approximately 10mins after first getting plugged in, other times it will just flash once. When plugged into PC it is recognized as QHUSB_DLOAD. And if I hold the power button or power & vol dwn in for about 6 seconds or so it will make the USB sound and the led will flash green again for a second.

Prior to this event the phone was working basically fine with a random shutdown every now and again. The battery possibly seemed to be taking longer to charge as of late also.

Has this phone been bricked or is the battery possibly all the way dead? Anything I can do to get this functioning?