Charging Question mark when turned off

JoshVualk

Reaction score
EDIT: the phone is a Droid Razr Maxx HD phone is only a few months old, Never dropped or wet.. Always kept inside the expensive otter box..

My phone has been charging fine up until this morning.. Last night worked fine..

This afternoon i was tethering using the mobile hotspot app and my internet suddenly stopped, I went to check the phone to see that it was shut off.. THinking that maybe the battery was dead.. (pretty sure it was around 50 to 60 percent at least (or should have been) i plugged it in.. The green light saying its charging comes on for a moment then the M insignia comes up.. Normally where i would get the charging and percentage notification i get a big battery with a ? in it..

shocked i unplugged the phone and plugged it back in a few times and the same thing happens... So i do the reset where you hold the power button and the down volume at first it does not work.. the second time the led started flashing green and upon release the phone came on at 4 percent.. i let the phone charge up to around 20 percent it was now seeming to charge..

I read that i can calibrate the battery by powering it to 15 to 20 percent and shutting down while letting it fully charge..

When i shut it down i get the same ? mark on the battery.. But it immediately powers back up and seems to charge fine while it is on.. Ive scoured google for at least an hour trying to figure out what i should do..

Any help would be so very appreciated.. thanks in advance.

OP
J

JoshVualk

Reaction score
Where is a FoxKat when you need him.. This guy almost surely knows whats up here :D ..

OP
J

JoshVualk

Reaction score
Bump still having the same issue with no resolution.. and i cant go to verizon for another 3 weeks as i work on a commercial tow boat.