Battery Issue

curiousporge

Reaction score
My car charger suddenly stopped charging my phone the other day and whenever I would check the status of the charge it would stay the same percent or even go down. Last night, I left my phone plugged in at around 40% in a wall socket and woke up to find it at 15%, and it says its charging. This is incredibly frustrating and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it

JayMonster

Reaction score
Oddly enough I had a similar problem over the weekend... not with my Droid, but with my Asus netbook. It seems the battery management seems to have gone awry thinking the battery was fully charged and thus turned off the charge causing the battery to drain. A quick battery pull reset everything and allowed the battery to charge properly again.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have an app running in the background that is draining the battery. Something like antivirus, auto task killers, map apps, browser on google home page or other site that uses GPS, calendar contacts or gmail stuck trying to sync.

My second guess would be a bad battery.

So overall, look for and uninstall any rogue apps. Then you might want to run your phone until the battery discharges and then charge it FULLY. This, in theory, resets your phone's battery calibration. Still having problems? Return it, I guess.