Droid Locked Up This Morning

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
I got up this morning and check a couple of emails. About a half hour later, I went to check my phone and it was unresponsive. I could not get it to do anything. I tried holding down the power button and got nothing. I finally had to pull the battery and wait 30 seconds to get it to boot.

Has anyone else experienced this? Was this a fluke or is my Droid dying after a month?

liquidzoo

Reaction score
I've had the same thing happen to me a couple of times. It's bothersome, but not deal breaking enough to make me want to return it for a new one. I am going to assume that it will get better once 2.1 comes out and I'm not running the hacked together 2.1 launcher on 2.0.1 (which is probably the cause of some of my issues)

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Yes it has happened to me as well. I think there are multiple threads on this. Kinda of a pain but I can live with it.

scarrz

Reaction score
This evening I had my droid on the table and noticed a flashing LED for a new email (k-9) and I picked it up hit the power button to get it out of standby and it would do nothing, the screen remained black and would not bring up my unlock trace pattern, etc. This is the second time in 3 days it has done this. I have not installed any new apps, only a couple updates and I'm at a loss as what to do. I have to do a battery pull each time because the phone does not respond to any keyboard commands, etc. It doesn't appear to be turning off because I doubt the LED notice would flash.

This is my second Droid from Verizon my initial droid shut itself off on 3 separate occasions and I decided to take it back and swap it out for a new one since I was within my 30 day window, thinking I might have a lemon. Now my "second" droid appears to be doing the same thing. Help!!!

Reaction score
Eh, its it's a big deal. my droid does that from time to time when an app is "EDITED". it just force restarts itself. i usually leave it alone for 5 min and its all ready for me again. My babes overclocked at 1ghz so i expected something like that. but thats a tiny nuisance compared to what some people are having with there phones lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 resets on my Droid since I got it in November. My Blackberry Storm had them twice a week. I wouldn't make a big deal about an occasional reset.

scarrz

Reaction score
I agree I could handle occasional, but twice in 3 days?? Not to mention if you didn't pick up your phone for a while you would have no idea, meaning missed calls, etc.

I'm sure if I paid my bill occasionally they would get pissed. Just my .02 cents.

I've had 2 resets on my Droid since I got it in November. My Blackberry Storm had them twice a week. I wouldn't make a big deal about an occasional reset.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, I am really lucky. I run mine at 1.1GHz daily and the only time it ever freezes up is the first time an App is run and granted root privelages. It usually freezes and then force closes. And subsequently works fine. And the only time it restarts is when I ask it to.