1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid1 to DroidX Apps and Data transfer

Discussion in 'Droid X FAQ' started by loumarjr, Jul 30, 2010.

1. loumarjr

loumarjr New Member

Anyyone know how to transfer Apps and Data from the original Droid to the new Droid X?

If I root, will titanium backup work? Also, is their anyway to do a nandroid? I really want a Droid X but don't want the transfer hassle for my data.
  2. SkeetSkeet

SkeetSkeet New Member

They are based of different codes, so doing a nandroid from two different phone models will not work. Second the droid x will not let you install a custom bootloader, which a nandroid backup comes from. Last, i have used the program called 'bump' to transfer over programs from one phone to the other. Hope this helps :)
  3. mjforte

mjforte Member

Titanium Backup should work I would think. You probably should only restore the apps but not their data though. Not completely sure on that though.
  4. christim

christim Super Moderator

Which data are you looking to keep? It might be easier starting with that question:)

contacts come along for the ride. There is an app to back up sms messages in the market. There are other solutions too so you don't have to root.
  5. him

him New Member

I was unable to take anything with me. Mybackup pro didnt recognize any backups and i could use titanimum because root had not come out yet.
  6. loumarjr

loumarjr New Member

I was trying to restore all of my data, such as my email accounts from k-9 mail, etc.
  7. scf

scf Member

I copied ALL of the folders on my D1 to my computer, to it's own "DroidBackup" folder. Then I could pick/choose what to put on the DX when I unmounted the D1 and mounted the DX.
  8. porsche996

porsche996 New Member

Use "Bump"...

it'll copy contacts, photos, and sms in bulk. Have to do apps 1 at a time, though.
  9. ecfiffer

ecfiffer New Member

bump will work and astro file manager will back up apps to the SD card and you can reinstall them on the DX OR Chevy has his own script but thats only good right now for the d1. when the bootloader is cracked then he will bless the DX with his awesomeness.
  10. Aram58

Aram58 New Member

I'm also trying to do this. I think that titanium backup should work (just be selective and only bring what you need). I'll probably get the dx in a week. I'll post back once I get the x.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

how to transfer all data transfer texts from droid to droid

how to transfer app data droid

how to transfer apps and data from droid 3 to droid x2

transfer data from droid to moto x phone

transfer settings apps and saved data from droid x to a newe

trasfering apps to droid

upload data from droid to droid x