Droid X successfully overclocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

some guy

Reaction score
been testing 2 phones for the past few hrs. one was made on 7/14 and the other on 8/12.

the one made on 8/12 will go to 1.18ghz/40 but just totally reboots when the OC fails on anything higher clocks or lower voltage. were as the other one made on 7/14 just goes into turtle mode if the OC fails.

GoldenGreg

Reaction score
you guys think the reason that your having trouble getting a decent OC on this newer chip might be a bottleneck like the RAM.

if this 1000Mhz version of the 3630 has the RAM linked to the same ratio as the normal 720Mhz 3630 does then the RAM would get pushed higher than normal as well.

maybe that was why people get such a high OC on the OG Droid. because the RAM in the OG Droid was running much slower and had more headroom?

plus if im not mistaken the RAM is shared by the GPU as well, which might play a cause for some of the instability at higher RAM speeds.

just a theory...
I don't know about the ram but the gpu is the same as the Droid except for running at 200hz instead of 120 (I believe). So that is a big difference on overlocking and would probably explain the limitations.

skram7735

Reaction score
Anyone else find that while using setscaling that setcpu ignores the settings and keeps you at your max speed no matter what? Or is it just me?
I noticed the same thing at first but the last few times i watched it for awhile and it seems to also use the 2nd and 3rd step instead of just lowest and highest steps. You might want to try killing setcpu before or after setscaling has been activated and then restarting it(use task killer don't just close it)

Sent from my DROIDX

skram7735

Reaction score
Since Koush has recovery working,Can someone please write a script so it will start at boot.

Also has anyone found great low voltage setscaling settings that uses stock clock frequencies and is extremely stable?
I've tried some settings that were stable but i really didn't notice an increase in battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX

Hilbe

Reaction score
The module needs to be recompiled for our new kernel. We might try the newer Milestone ko files.

Hilbe

Reaction score
Shouldn't be any. It'll error on loading the module. Then it won't be able to write to /proc/overclock since it doesn't exist.

OP
E

Elkay

Reaction score
That's an understatement. Even applying the "for root users" Froyo update removed my root access. As of right now, I'm of no use to you guys until I can regain root. Not sure what happened unless Moto tricked us with the "for root" update.

Hilbe

Reaction score
That's an understatement. Even applying the "for root users" Froyo update removed my root access. As of right now, I'm of no use to you guys until I can regain root. Not sure what happened unless Moto tricked us with the "for root" update.

SBF back to 2.1, root, and update again. I still have root.

OP
E

Elkay

Reaction score

SBF back to 2.1, root, and update again. I still have root.

Yep, I know, it's just a pain. In the process of documenting all my installed apps, home screens and customizations so I can redo them all.

OP
E

Elkay

Reaction score
Be sure to move su from bin to xbin (if you don't see su, reverse the instructions as I don't remember where it is) then patch to 2.2

This is even if I use the "appropriate" root method? Which one is the "appropriate" one anyway? Universal Androot?

EDIT:

Nvm.. I see that's the only thing I had to do prior was move that file.. they REALLY should have included that in the instructions on Droid-Life. Not a fan right now, NOT a fan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.