Couple questions concerning overclocking the X

cc16177

Reaction score
I have noticed several sigs on here and comments which refer to people who have Droid X's overclocked as high as 1.45ghz while running stable (unless I misunderstood). However, using the Jrummy overclock app or running scripts in terminal emulator I am unable to go beyond 1.2 without the phone essentially crashing.

I have tried several voltages (Low, med, etc) without any luck. When I say the phone crashes I mean it gets extremely slow, to the point where changing the cpu speed back to 1.2 or lower can take up to 3-4 minutes sometimes.

Am I missing something? With my D1 I needed to install different kernels to achieve certain speeds but I haven't seen much about it for the X.

N

Nickchapa

Different X's can run different speeds. My old one (dropped in a mop bucket at work) only got 1.2. My new replacement goes to 1.35. It just depends on the proccesskr in your phone. You cant install custom kernels yet so you will have to do with 1.2 :-( sorry nothing you can do as of yet. Did I answer your question correctly?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
C

cc16177

Reaction score
Yes, definitely. I had a feeling that was the case. I stick with 1ghz anyways for battery life reasons but I was curious to see what it would like to go beyond 1.2

Thank you

musicman

Reaction score
If you get the quickclock app it will run a test on your phone and tell you what your phone can handle. It is well worth the money.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App