Droid X Rom Choice

draexo

Reaction score
That being said, I will probably go with CM once I can actually download it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
DarkslideX for me at the moment. Better functionality than Apex. And so far really good battery life for my normal use during a work day.

DROIDX DarkslideX 1.15 Ghz

msu

Reaction score
Regular ole Gingerbread rooted work just fine for me.
I like Liberty, tons of options (almost to many)

I'm now trying out DarkslideX (Gingerbread) and I'm really liking this rom.

draexo

Reaction score
Downloading CM nigthlty number 20 manually. Thanks for the link. It keeps giving me a "Status 7" when installing in Rom Manager.... it wiped data and cache and sent me back to Liberty .8 (which is what I am on) because of some issue with the zip file.

draexo

Reaction score

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
Downloading CM nigthlty number 20 manually. Thanks for the link. It keeps giving me a "Status 7" when installing in Rom Manager.... it wiped data and cache and sent me back to Liberty .8 (which is what I am on) because of some issue with the zip file.

1.) Reboot into Recovery

2.) Navigate to "mounts and storage"

3.) Format System. <-----

4.) Format Data. <-------

5.) Format Cache. <------

6.) Mount System

7.) Press Power button to go back to previous menu. Select "install zip from sdcard", then "choose zip from sdcard." Select the cm7 zip and install it. Install GApps.

8.) You'll get a Radio Install error during the installation. This is normal. Ignore the error and reboot the phone back into recovery.

9.) Install the zip file again. This time the radio should install correctly. At this point, you can optionally install the Camera/YouTube fix zip file. Reboot the phone again.

10.) Enjoy Cyanogenmod7 for Droid X.

I followed this way and its worked then i added the Nightly after the TBH rom.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice username dirtysanchez... haha

sent from my ApeX

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
http://goo-inside.me/private/cvpcs/update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG-signed-MONSTER.zip I came from LGB and have to say it has been one of the nicest roms that i have used up to date and the theme options and they work its a nice change of pace.

don't for get the nightly too CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

What is the "droidx-kang-monster"

its Team Black Hats rom with there tweaks so you dont have to SBF back to .340

there are two ways to get to cm7 one is come from .340 and use the first method or already be on TBH GB .569 and use the monster file to in install CM7 then use the Nightly as an update.

Last edited:

Jacklad

Reaction score
I've been using the newest Darkslide rom for a couple of weeks now and it's been really solid - it's got Blur, but still feels pretty lean and quick - battery has been great - perfect daily driver, and I think the dev has a few more tricks up his sleeve - the other ROMs are nice, including CM7, but I personally don't want to have to work around issues - Darkslide is fully functional, fast, and there are themes coming in to boot -

draexo

Reaction score

1.) Reboot into Recovery

2.) Navigate to "mounts and storage"

3.) Format System. <-----

4.) Format Data. <-------

5.) Format Cache. <------

6.) Mount System

7.) Press Power button to go back to previous menu. Select "install zip from sdcard", then "choose zip from sdcard." Select the cm7 zip and install it. Install GApps.

8.) You'll get a Radio Install error during the installation. This is normal. Ignore the error and reboot the phone back into recovery.

9.) Install the zip file again. This time the radio should install correctly. At this point, you can optionally install the Camera/YouTube fix zip file. Reboot the phone again.

10.) Enjoy Cyanogenmod7 for Droid X.

I followed this way and its worked then i added the Nightly after the TBH rom.

Made it to step 8. When I got the radio error and reinstalled, it gave me the radio error again. and again. I attempted to restore my backup to Liberty .8 and that was it...... Liberty .8 booted with the CM boot animation. Liberty .8 wouldnt work correctly, and now I am at the White M. I have not had a White M in months.

Now I am SBF back to Froyo. I really did not have time to do this today. This is what I get for messing with it!

Slightly annoyed as I had read if I used the Rom Manager to update to CM, the app (Rom Manager) would take care of it all.

wyld

Reaction score
It can I've never used an app to do my installs for me. I was told never to trust it. To install manually in CW. To many issues letting an app do the work for you.

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
It can I've never used an app to do my installs for me. I was told never to trust it. To install manually in CW. To many issues letting an app do the work for you.

ya i find it to be a good tool but not a solve all

draexo

Reaction score
Got CM installed. Seem to have lost Swype keyboard..... and where are the themes??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums