Droid X Rom Choice

dudemansir

Reaction score
So I am trying to load a rom onto my Droid X and not sure which one to use. I am looking for one of the roms that offers the blur-less experience to add to my speed.

Can someone recommend from the list of Roms, a rom that doesn't contain blur that is stable?

draexo

Reaction score
I've been using liberty .8. With no huge issues. I just dont like the yellow theme. I plan on trying apex rc 2, but it has a blue tooth in call volume issue. O there is also an AOSP liberty out there as well. CM is in beta but you can find it in Rom Manager

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

dudemansir

Reaction score
hhmmmm.. i recently installed apex on a Droid 2 and it is going great (besides the bluetooth issue). apex is out for the Droid X? why do i not see it in the Droid X rom list?

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Personally cm7 has been pretty stable for me. No reboots or weird glitches. Plus they just fixed the camera/camcorder. the one I wa running before cm was liberty thats the next one id recommend. Battery life is amazing not as customizable as cm7 but you still can customize things. Same with zombiestomped, I had a little battery drain problem with zombie but it didn't matter too much ha.

Sent From A Modded X

MonstaTit

Reaction score
I'd recommend Liberty GB 0.8 with the Gingercomb Juiced theme. It looks nice and theres barely any bugs.

zer0ed77

Reaction score
Well, use to be Liberty, but I think we're all starting to see what's happening there. Still on 0.8, though. Thinking about jumping ship. Holding out for some additional support and upgrades.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

draexo

Reaction score
I'd recommend Liberty GB 0.8 with the Gingercomb Juiced theme. It looks nice and theres barely any bugs.

This is what I run now...but I'm going to try Apex and CM also...just waiting for kinks to get ironed out.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apex is super fast and stable

sent from my ApeX

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Seems like many bugs with CM right now. Maybe when its out of nightlies

honestly the ROM is pretty stable for a beta imo. Haven't had a single reboot for no reason. The battery drains a little fast but I'm usually near a charger and I have a back up battery in emergency situations so I'm not worried.
They just fixed the camcorder issue along with the youtube fix (never knew how much I use youtube haha).

Sent From A Supercharged Modded X

OP
D

dudemansir

Reaction score
i think i am going to go with APEX. i do really like it on the D2. i am on the stock .596 GB though. do i have to flash back to Froyo, then root, then go to a rooted version of GB, then install apex?