Any blur-less ROMs with HDMI?

DMFA

Reaction score
Switched from Rubix Focused 1.9.7 to Apex 1.3.1 for the HDMI. I really like having it for giving presentations and playing PSX and music. However, I greatly prefer the blur-less experience. I just plain do not like blur...the facebook, the contacts, the dialer, the widgets, none of it.

Are there any ROMs that have no blur but still have HDMI? If not, which ROM has the tiniest amount of blur needed to have working HDMI?

Thanks a ton.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
I'm with ya on this one. HDMI support is just about a deal breaker. It's not a blur feature as much as simply a great physical feature and capability of the phone.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Switched from Rubix Focused 1.9.7 to Apex 1.3.1 for the HDMI. I really like having it for giving presentations and playing PSX and music. However, I greatly prefer the blur-less experience. I just plain do not like blur...the facebook, the contacts, the dialer, the widgets, none of it.

Are there any ROMs that have no blur but still have HDMI? If not, which ROM has the tiniest amount of blur needed to have working HDMI?

Thanks a ton.

I believe that Fusion has HDMI and is for the most part blurless

OP
DMFA

DMFA

Reaction score
I'm trying it out...I am a huge Rubix fan but I'm giving this a shot. I've just installed it but I haven't tested the HDMI yet. It seems pretty blur-less to me.

pyroelite

Reaction score
I'm running fusion & it has the least blur (basically none), & you just swap/add back which sys apps you want with root explorer. Very quick after I upped the max events a bit (was then able to underclock).

I'm about to try rubix blurry 1.8 (need to sbf to ota first-traq base) cuz it has some scripts added & other tools, not sure about the initial level of blur tho.

But bottom line you need a blur rom, aosp-like won't cut it...

from my DX

OP
DMFA

DMFA

Reaction score
I don't have HDMI on Fusion 2.0 RC1. I saw a post from AngDroid on Twitter on Jan 7 saying he had a patch done, but didn't see a follow-up in the month between then and now.

If anyone has, please post. Much thanks

pyroelite

Reaction score
Yeah just roll with rubix blurry 1.8 - Drod's a champ.

from my DX

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
Keyword blurless

pyroelite

Reaction score
Well I think we've already established blur-less roms lack hdmi support, as well as support for several other things that aosp [like] roms fail to bring to the table. So your best overall option is rubix blurry - just as fast, if not faster than liberty, or w/e the hell else anyone wants to compare it to & if you don't want an app, freeze it or uninstall it with TB. Or even ballzier :-o, pull the sys apps out of the .zip before you install it. K, now go tweet about the game... ;-)

from my DX

droidxchat

Reaction score
apex isn't completely blurless, but has removed the "bad" blur, and has hdmi support

OP
DMFA

DMFA

Reaction score
apex isn't completely blurless, but has removed the "bad" blur, and has hdmi support

I used it for a while, and I just didn't like it as much as the blur-less ones. I also couldn't get its dialer to work with my LCD density so I had to fish an apk out of another zip.

I'm really just trying to be a perfectionist. I remember back when I first rooted that there were a lot of blur files you couldn't touch in the stock ROM without ruining the system. Is it like that in Apex and Rubix, like if I delete blur facebook or social networking, will the world end?

pyroelite

Reaction score
I froze most of those... Didn't see the need to delete, at it's not as forgiving & 8 Gb isn't gonna be depleted soon.

Accounts, backup, battery, Car dock, browser, calc, email, (live) wallpapers, music, all social (others possible).
Leave text/messaging for pic mail.
I labeled all as "freezer" if I need to batch freeze again after another flash.

Blur doesn't slow rubix 1.8b down for me anyway, the max events are high & i underclock & undervolt.

Oh ya & blur dialer doesn't play nice with density changes - swap it or smaller font/add more columns/rows to your launcher & shrink to fit...

from my DX

OP
DMFA

DMFA

Reaction score
If you freeze the accounts, does that knock out that whole functionality, like syncing google and outlook (corporate sync)? Facebook is really the only blur account that I need to vanquish.

It must be extremely difficult to cut out all of it besides the HDMI or to create HDMI capability for AOSP-only systems, or I'd assume it would have been done already.

pyroelite

Reaction score
Well, kinda weird, but I guess just leave accounts alone. While it technically isn't in charge of syncing, it does facilitate turning syncing on & off.
(i had it froze after syncing was enabled & gmail works just fine - hiding the icon in the launcher turned out to be a lil better solution)

from my DX

JkdJedi

Reaction score
(Little off topic.....whats DXC Throttle Modder?)

Apex is probably the best "mix" right now of all the mods available. (with HDMI)