Can Blur Facebook be removed?

DMFA

Reaction score
Hi, just switched from Rubix Focused. I'm a Blur-hater but I need HDMI.

Most of Blur I can deal with, e.g. alarm clock, dialer, camera, etc. However, I absolutely detest Blur Facebook. I simply can't get it to sync my contact pictures properly without pulling in the 1000+ people I have on there into my phone's contact section. AOSP with the market app did it perfectly; it just pulled the pictures for my contacts I already had.

Can I just delete the Blur FB framework? I remember from my early root days that if you take one piece out, you fry the system and have a brand-new Brick X. How does this work in Apex?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
have you tried 'sync my pix' in the market? it has an option to manually link your contacts to their facebook profile. if you just don't add the facebook account, that may be one way around it

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Well you can manually link all pictures within the contacts...

Anyhow, you don't have to sync your contacts with facebook... You know this, right?

PACanesFan

Reaction score
I believe if you remove the Facebook in 'My accounts', it will stop the syncing. SnycMyPics is a quality program that does the pictures well. One thing Blur Facebook does well is you can manually link Contacts to Facebook friends. For example, on my Contacts, the name is Mom. She does have a Facebook account with her real name. Without Blur, I can not link the accounts.

If anyone knows differently, feel free to correct me.

OP
DMFA

DMFA

Reaction score
Well you can manually link all pictures within the contacts...

Anyhow, you don't have to sync your contacts with facebook... You know this, right?

Ldo. And that'd take a while to do manually.

To the others, thanks, that sounds like an okay idea. I just liked it so much better without Blur when the market FB app synced it for me. Oh well.

Smashie

Reaction score
Hi, just switched from Rubix Focused. I'm a Blur-hater but I need HDMI.

Most of Blur I can deal with, e.g. alarm clock, dialer, camera, etc. However, I absolutely detest Blur Facebook. I simply can't get it to sync my contact pictures properly without pulling in the 1000+ people I have on there into my phone's contact section. AOSP with the market app did it perfectly; it just pulled the pictures for my contacts I already had.

Can I just delete the Blur FB framework? I remember from my early root days that if you take one piece out, you fry the system and have a brand-new Brick X. How does this work in Apex?

I hate blur as well, and rely on the AOSP version of facebook app in the market to update my photos. I switched from Apex to Liberty just for this reason.

Sync my pix doesn't work for crap, and manually syncing takes a long time, and why would you want to do that when it should automatically update. I'm sorry, doesn't sound like you are getting the answer you want to hear.