Blur Email/Calendar to blurless ROMs

suckamucka

Reaction score
This is what I have been looking for. I used the "white box" app and wasn't all too happy with it. I also used Touchdown, also not a fan. I had asked Fab what I needed to do to get the corporate sync to work and he said he would look into it, but didn't have a real way to test. Thanks for the instructions below.

Finally, something I can help with! I got my corporate email working by doing the following on the APEX release. This will NOT work with RUBIX since it has less blue base.
To Reinstall blur stuff back to a blurless rom, use Root Explorer (buy it of you don't have it, worht every cent!), or ADP to do the following:
you need two files (available on the removedapps.zip Fabolos supplied):
1) BlurEmail.apk
2) BlurEmailEngine.apk

Then, as per a previous post, follow these directions for both of these files:

--Remount /system to ReadWrite (in Root Explorer, that's done by navigating to the /system directory, and tapping the "Mount RW" button at the top).
--Copy the files to /system/app
--Change the permissions of the files to match the other [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]files[/COLOR][/COLOR] in /system/app (In Root explorer, long press on the file, select permissions, and make it user: Read and Write, Group: Read, and Other: Read.
--mount Read Only again (button at top of Root Explorer "mount RO"
--reboot.

Note that you will then have full email and calender, but no Moto message or calendar widget (no biggee). Any other calander widget WILL work though! I use the Launcherpro since i have the full version.

Enjoy! Love the APEX!

GoldenGreg

Reaction score
This is what I have been looking for. I used the "white box" app and wasn't all too happy with it. I also used Touchdown, also not a fan. I had asked Fab what I needed to do to get the corporate sync to work and he said he would look into it, but didn't have a real way to test. Thanks for the instructions below.

Finally, something I can help with! I got my corporate email working by doing the following on the APEX release. This will NOT work with RUBIX since it has less blue base.
To Reinstall blur stuff back to a blurless rom, use Root Explorer (buy it of you don't have it, worht every cent!), or ADP to do the following:
you need two files (available on the removedapps.zip Fabolos supplied):
1) BlurEmail.apk
2) BlurEmailEngine.apk

Then, as per a previous post, follow these directions for both of these files:

--Remount /system to ReadWrite (in Root Explorer, that's done by navigating to the /system directory, and tapping the "Mount RW" button at the top).
--Copy the files to /system/app
--Change the permissions of the files to match the other [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]files[/COLOR][/COLOR] in /system/app (In Root explorer, long press on the file, select permissions, and make it user: Read and Write, Group: Read, and Other: Read.
--mount Read Only again (button at top of Root Explorer "mount RO"
--reboot.

Note that you will then have full email and calender, but no Moto message or calendar widget (no biggee). Any other calander widget WILL work though! I use the Launcherpro since i have the full version.

Enjoy! Love the APEX!
No problem, glad to help. Apex has everything i need now. By the way, yahoo email also works now with this fix :)

OP
L

lordloki

Reaction score
yeah, fission v1.2 will work with what it comes with, although RubiX doesn't seem to work at all. the real trick is in getting this to work on roms that are blurless, like rubix focused. any thoughts there?

hyperlite

Reaction score
I have corporate sync e-mail and the blurless calendar/e-mail worked fine. (Aside from a small folder issue I'm dealing with)

with which rom? I've added a few APKs back to my apex install, and i see both the AOSP corporate icon and the blur "Corporate Sync" icon. I don't need them, but my dad is getting an X in the next couple days and, based on the state of exchange sync in stock 2.2, ROMing and using the AOSP corporate client may be the best bet...i'm just not sure if it actually works :D

I'm running Fission v1.2 and syncing with my corporate exchange server right now. All I did was open "Email" and "Add account" and there was an option for POP, IMAP, and Exchange and it's been working fine for me. There no icon labeled "Corporate Sync"; but, the function is there and it show as a corporate sync under accounts.

Thank you. So what is the extent of the exchange capability? Do you have mail, contacts, calendar, notifications, and tasks?

jhanford

Reaction score
I posted about this in the ApeX 1.0 release thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ex-droid-x-aosp-experience-56.html#post947775)

Basically, you need:

- BlurCalendar.apk
- BlurEmail.apk
- BlurEmailEngine.apk
- Messaging.apk
- UniversalInbox.apk

This will give you the full Corporate Sync capability (Email, Calendar, Notifications, etc)

As stated in the other thread, I prefer the rendering of the emails in the Blur version. They seems closer to the Exchange/Outlook originals.

If you're using ApeX, just copy the apks to your /sdcard/ and then, in "adb shell", get root (su) and type "install <file>.apk" for each one (replacing <file> with the file name!)

OP
L

lordloki

Reaction score
with which rom? I've added a few APKs back to my apex install, and i see both the AOSP corporate icon and the blur "Corporate Sync" icon. I don't need them, but my dad is getting an X in the next couple days and, based on the state of exchange sync in stock 2.2, ROMing and using the AOSP corporate client may be the best bet...i'm just not sure if it actually works :D

I'm running Fission v1.2 and syncing with my corporate exchange server right now. All I did was open "Email" and "Add account" and there was an option for POP, IMAP, and Exchange and it's been working fine for me. There no icon labeled "Corporate Sync"; but, the function is there and it show as a corporate sync under accounts.

Thank you. So what is the extent of the exchange capability? Do you have mail, contacts, calendar, notifications, and tasks?

All of the above.

sephtin

Reaction score
I posted about this in the ApeX 1.0 release thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ex-droid-x-aosp-experience-56.html#post947775)

Basically, you need:

- BlurCalendar.apk
- BlurEmail.apk
- BlurEmailEngine.apk
- Messaging.apk
- UniversalInbox.apk

This will give you the full Corporate Sync capability (Email, Calendar, Notifications, etc)

As stated in the other thread, I prefer the rendering of the emails in the Blur version. They seems closer to the Exchange/Outlook originals.

If you're using ApeX, just copy the apks to your /sdcard/ and then, in "adb shell", get root (su) and type "install <file>.apk" for each one (replacing <file> with the file name!)

This will totally work on a Blur based ROM (ApeX is based on 2.3.15 BLUR), as the framework is in place for it.

If anyone gets a chance to test this on Focused or Fission, where the framework is NOT based on blur.. I'd love to know the results!!!!

OP
L

lordloki

Reaction score

Basically, you need:

- BlurCalendar.apk
- BlurEmail.apk
- BlurEmailEngine.apk
- Messaging.apk
- UniversalInbox.apk

Can anyone confirm this? I tried and failed.

matalo

Reaction score
Strangely, the first time I tried this it worked, but now every time it fails.