Blur Email/Calendar to blurless ROMs

lordloki

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need some help here. I don't like blur, and would like to get rid of it. I do like the AOSP aspects of apeX, for instance, but i absolutely need to have blurry email/calendar for corporate sync. for whatever reason, my corporate email CAN be added to the non-blurred style, but in order to do it, i need to provide administrator access to my phone (including allowing them to remote delete all data....) for whatever reason, the blurry corporate sync (blue sync) and associated bluremail.apk do not require this insanity.

i tried rubiX focused (which i also like), and tried to install bluremail.apk but get a message saying it cannot be installed. likewise, when i add the apk to system/app/ it does not do anything (do i have to remove the other email.apk?)

any help would be greatly appreciated. ideally, i'd like the MINIMUM amount of blur required in order to have a blurless rom with corporate sync.

kinggroin

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need some help here. I don't like blur, and would like to get rid of it. I do like the AOSP aspects of apeX, for instance, but i absolutely need to have blurry email/calendar for corporate sync. for whatever reason, my corporate email CAN be added to the non-blurred style, but in order to do it, i need to provide administrator access to my phone (including allowing them to remote delete all data....) for whatever reason, the blurry corporate sync (blue sync) and associated bluremail.apk do not require this insanity.

i tried rubiX focused (which i also like), and tried to install bluremail.apk but get a message saying it cannot be installed. likewise, when i add the apk to system/app/ it does not do anything (do i have to remove the other email.apk?)

any help would be greatly appreciated. ideally, i'd like the MINIMUM amount of blur required in order to have a blurless rom with corporate sync.

Im with you 100%

Im all for blurless roms, but there are many folks like us that need corp sync working. Hell I was and still am willing to pay re first person to figure it out. It just seems like anytime someone brings this up, it gets swept under the rug. Well, the money is on the table.

OP
L

lordloki

Reaction score
Im with you 100%

Im all for blurless roms, but there are many folks like us that need corp sync working. Hell I was and still am willing to pay re first person to figure it out. It just seems like anytime someone brings this up, it gets swept under the rug. Well, the money is on the table.

likewise. this shouldn't even be that hard, i don't know why people keep ignoring the question every time it is posed on the various ROM forums. i'd also be willing to donate to whoever can solve this issue.

sephtin

Reaction score
bump bump bump

The message saying it "can't be installed".. how did you try to install?

To Reinstall blur stuff back to a blurless rom, use Root Explorer, or ADP to do the following:
--Remount /system to ReadWrite (in Root Explorer, that's done by navigating to the /system directory, and tapping the "Mount RW" button at the top).
--Copy the files to /system/app
--Change the permissions of the files to match the other files in /system/app (In Root explorer, long press on the file, select permissions, and make it user: Read and Write, Group: Read, and Other: Read.
--mount Read Only again (button at top of Root Explorer "mount RO"
--reboot.

OP
L

lordloki

Reaction score
bump bump bump

To Reinstall blur stuff back to a blurless rom, use Root Explorer, or ADP to do the following:
--Remount /system to ReadWrite (in Root Explorer, that's done by navigating to the /system directory, and tapping the "Mount RW" button at the top).
--Change the permissions of the files to match the other files in /system/app (In Root explorer, long press on the file, select permissions, and make it user: Read and Write, Group: Read, and Other: Read.
--reboot.

i tried both doing that, and running the .apk. neither works.

thanks for your help though, do you have any other ideas how to get corporate sync back up and working?

sephtin

Reaction score
bump bump bump

--reboot.

i tried both doing that, and running the .apk. neither works.

thanks for your help though, do you have any other ideas how to get corporate sync back up and working?

Unforutnately, I don't have an account to test with. :S There are other reports of this working, and some of it failing as well.. Hopefully someone can post with some help for ya...

sephtin

Reaction score
I found this site that has all the default apks and odex. I want to install the dialer/contacts app...
http://www.chadhaney.com/droidXDefault/

To which ROM?
It ****MIGHT**** work on Blurry, but very very unlikely it'll work on any version of Focused. Keeping in mind that the dialer and contacts apps alone will break some things. They both are tied very heavily into framework components. Which ones exactly, I'm not sure.. but you'll likely create more issues than you fix in trying.

PLEASE make a good backup before testing... and be ready to go back to it. :(

Skelly022782

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have corporate sync e-mail and the blurless calendar/e-mail worked fine. (Aside from a small folder issue I'm dealing with)

nathank

Reaction score
I found this site that has all the default apks and odex. I want to install the dialer/contacts app...
http://www.chadhaney.com/droidXDefault/

To which ROM?
It ****MIGHT**** work on Blurry, but very very unlikely it'll work on any version of Focused. Keeping in mind that the dialer and contacts apps alone will break some things. They both are tied very heavily into framework components. Which ones exactly, I'm not sure.. but you'll likely create more issues than you fix in trying.

PLEASE make a good backup before testing... and be ready to go back to it. :(

Aye, I'm not testing lol, if someone figures it out awesome. Or if there was an app replica that'd be sweet

hyperlite

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have corporate sync e-mail and the blurless calendar/e-mail worked fine. (Aside from a small folder issue I'm dealing with)

with which rom? I've added a few APKs back to my apex install, and i see both the AOSP corporate icon and the blur "Corporate Sync" icon. I don't need them, but my dad is getting an X in the next couple days and, based on the state of exchange sync in stock 2.2, ROMing and using the AOSP corporate client may be the best bet...i'm just not sure if it actually works :D

GoldenGreg

Reaction score
Finally, something I can help with! I got my corporate email working by doing the following on the APEX release. This will NOT work with RUBIX since it has less blue base.
To Reinstall blur stuff back to a blurless rom, use Root Explorer (buy it of you don't have it, worht every cent!), or ADP to do the following:
you need two files (available on the removedapps.zip Fabolos supplied):
1) BlurEmail.apk
2) BlurEmailEngine.apk

Then, as per a previous post, follow these directions for both of these files:

--Change the permissions of the files to match the other [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]files[/COLOR][/COLOR] in /system/app (In Root explorer, long press on the file, select permissions, and make it user: Read and Write, Group: Read, and Other: Read.
--reboot.

Note that you will then have full email and calender, but no Moto message or calendar widget (no biggee). Any other calander widget WILL work though! I use the Launcherpro since i have the full version.

Enjoy! Love the APEX!

NWEng

Reaction score
Hi all,

with which rom? I've added a few APKs back to my apex install, and i see both the AOSP corporate icon and the blur "Corporate Sync" icon. I don't need them, but my dad is getting an X in the next couple days and, based on the state of exchange sync in stock 2.2, ROMing and using the AOSP corporate client may be the best bet...i'm just not sure if it actually works :D

I'm running Fission v1.2 and syncing with my corporate exchange server right now. All I did was open "Email" and "Add account" and there was an option for POP, IMAP, and Exchange and it's been working fine for me. There no icon labeled "Corporate Sync"; but, the function is there and it show as a corporate sync under accounts.