Does this ROM exist?

darthrogue

Reaction score
I am looking for a rom for my droid x built from source android with the goodies that have been provided by our friends at moto that actually help us out. i'd like these things...

• Media Docking Station Screen
  • HDMI Support
  • DNLA
  • DROID X Camera Interface (not the gallery)
  • Multi-Touch DROID X Keyboard
I don't want to lose anything nice in my droid x that I actually use, but this whole motoblur, ninjablur thing is killing me. I came from a droid 1 which was completely stable, and now i'm having to deal with my droid x having many flaws.

If there is another way to achieve this, adding blur apps back into stock android, for example, I'd be fine with doing that.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are more ROM's showing up for the Droid X. I would suggest searching the forum and reading a lot on the details of each one. You might find one that suits what your looking for.

I'm running rubiX.03, but it's all kind of blurry. But it's optimized and runs nice.

Have you had one installed before or is this your first?

Desicrator

Reaction score
Give APEX by fabolous a shot its my first rom and pretty solid I am using rc2 haven't gone to v1 yet. Moto camera is here, have not tried hdmi yet. I also put nextheme over top it. Thats my thoughts but report back if you find something better.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
darthrogue

darthrogue

Reaction score
First ROM on my DROID X, but my D1 is running cyanogen. I already have the bootstrapper loaded, and I always keep the sbf files on my laptop, just in case...

Oh, and I don't really care about HDMI in the gallery, I just want the backbone for the hdmi to be there for RealHDMI. The new gallery sucks compared to stock android... If this ROM doesn't exist, it should. I'm not saying that i'm a programmer, or that I'd even have a clue as to how to do it, but stock android will beat blur hands down any day. However there are some features that I've come to love on my droid x... Also, I just came from the leak to the OTA, so we'll see if that fixes any of my music problems that I've been having

rothnic

Reaction score
Give APEX by fabolous a shot its my first rom and pretty solid I am using rc2 haven't gone to v1 yet. Moto camera is here, have not tried hdmi yet. I also put nextheme over top it. Thats my thoughts but report back if you find something better.

Yes, I think APEX is what you are looking for. I was looking for the same thing yesterday before trying it.

The idea is to remove the overhead junk they include, while keeping the key functionality. I don't understand the desire to go so far towards AOSP to lose functionality that the hardware gives you like the HDMI, using the compass for a really good panorama capability, or having 3 microphones for your use.

OP
darthrogue

darthrogue

Reaction score
damn... you make a good point... but on the other hand, i'm sure a lot of this functionality could be re-added by the community into the ASOP build of android. This would allow us to not have to wait forever for vzw to leak out 3.0 for their beta testing purposes... xD

I still think that this would be a good idea, but i'm beginning to agree that it would take too much effort to start from scratch... D:

Desicrator

Reaction score
There is also RubiX blurry ROM he seems to keep all the blur , however I have not flashed it,

Ya the loss of hardware functionality sucks. But I think there might be ways to get the individual apks for the stuff you want I've seen them in the forums. The just aren't built in.

There might be the zip file containing these apks in the "official" ApeX thread. I might go check some out

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
damn... you make a good point... but on the other hand, i'm sure a lot of this functionality could be re-added by the community into the ASOP build of android. This would allow us to not have to wait forever for vzw to leak out 3.0 for their beta testing purposes... xD

I still think that this would be a good idea, but i'm beginning to agree that it would take too much effort to start from scratch... D:

It's well under way guys.. apex gives you the vanilla 2.2 theme while keeping most of the blur.

rubiX Focused 1.0 gives you the aosp experience, including an aosp camera with 8mp/720p

HDMI port to 3d gallery is what i'm currently working on. I've been using Real HDMI with no problems on my focused 1.0 build.

Compass Calibrate is a bug i've been trying to fix, but it's not as high up on my priority list, as say, hdmi.

See, the point of Focused, is to give a full AOSP experience, not tip-toeing on any of moto blur, zero zip zilch none. To me, full AOSP gets rid of moto's dock and gives you the vanilla 2.2 dock, camera, etc. but I decided to keep the MT keyboard from moto because it functions THAT much better than the vanilla, at least in my eyes. Plus, it was voted that way :)