Roms

ronlsjr

Reaction score
Is everybody leaving most roms and going to cyanogenmod rom?
to me it looks like they are. Is it better off to stick with gingerbread full blur leak rom untill the stable version of CM7 is released for droidx? it hard for me to make the choice on what to do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MagicIsReal

Reaction score
Miui is supposed to be coming to the dx. Last I heard, they have it booting. Development is continuing, there are options out there. I'm using AOSP Liberty now, loving the battery life, even with heavy use.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DJxPanda

Reaction score
Is everybody leaving most roms and going to cyanogenmod rom?
to me it looks like they are. Is it better off to stick with gingerbread full blur leak rom untill the stable version of CM7 is released for droidx? it hard for me to make the choice on what to do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

So heres the thing. There are a LOT less people goin to CM than u may think. The word BETA detures people and gives them the wrong jdea that CM isnt stable. Thing is, CM is a very stable rom. With the most recent nightlies, the buils keeps improving. So.. I hope this helps ur decision some

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
As far as which type of rom to use it is really going to come down to your preferences.

If you like some of the blur apps and their features I would stick with that type of rom. I ran a rooted d1 for well over a year only recently switching to a d2. I ran it stock for a few days because I like to know that if something is wrong with the phone it is something I have done to it and not the phone itself. Truthfully some of the blur is not all bad and I did like some of the app features.

I myself will most likely be sticking with cm7, or more accurately the roms built off its base, such as liquid gb. Having a d1 for so long I am accustomed to a blurless rom and the large ammount of customization that is assciated with them.