Droid X Multitouch Keyboard has been ported and Available!

Viper323

Reaction score
Damn this keyboard is great, it feel so much smoother / faster! On the symbols screen however my "&" symbol shows up as "&amp"

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone remodded the APK to correct the "&amp" issue.

Got the link from the XDA thread, try at your own risk, I'm awaiting a 2.2 solution:

q-ime.apk

Pathos

Reaction score
Force closes on me every time...:(

think its only working on 2.1 right now

LOL....why give it away so soon? I was going to enjoy reading 50 complaints on how it wasn't working on Froyo....but not really
lol, I know...people don't know how to read...even though they are on a forum where the means of communication is written. I guess the OP should have included that detail to begin with.

If you don't know how to get it to work after installing it:
Settings > Language&Keyboard > uncheck Android keyboard and check multi-touch keyboard
(took me a couple of minutes to figure it out) You know it has worked when your keyboard is silver instead of black

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Went ahead and went back to stock. I like the Droid X keyboard a lot more than stock Droid but there are just a few to many bugs for my tastes.

Bdog

Reaction score
Subscribed.

I'll probably hold off for now, and give it a little time to let people work out the kinks, then try it out.

gt_nfr

Reaction score
Just installed. Seems more responsive than the smart keyboard pro i was using. I like it so far but the auto correct is a little funky.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Well, it works on my non-rooted HTC Incredible, but not on my Moto-Droid running UD Froyo eXtreme RC1. I'm going to play around with it some more, and I'll let you guys know how it turns out...

-Mike