Droid X Multitouch Keyboard has been ported and Available!

Reaction score
Just downloaded this now. On Bugless Beast 1.1 it is blazing fast, but it takes up almost the whole screen on the Moto Droid lol. I guess it really was designed to run on a 4.3" screen and not a 3.7" screen. ;)
the droid x screen is the same resolution as the moto droid screen. The size shouldn't matter.

pilot25

Reaction score
So this seems to add text prediction/correction to the physical keyboard, but it also causes the phone to send duplicate text messages if I use the physical keyboard to send them. This is weird and also annoying. The on screen keyboard is really nice though.

I do not have this problem using the multitouch keyboard. (not rooted)

pilot25

Reaction score
no worries for me i use the HTC IME keyboards, they are pretty sweet if u ask me. i got a hardware keyboard i know i can always rely on. no worries, waiting on a 2.2 port :D

I use(was) that too. This keyboard is much better with the hardware keyboard.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright, Sold...gonna Flash Back' over the Weekend and give this a shot on 2.1 just to ease my curious mind

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

Pathos

Reaction score
My speech to text is not working with the file downloaded from post #21. It says working, but then says it can't connect (whatever that means).

The & problem is fixed though.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Back to the Future----Flashed Back to 2.1 AdamZ 6.0 and the DX Keyboard worked great, the auto correct for the Slide/o k/Board is a great idea, but nothing can keep me from 2.2

...waiting for a port

Fulle

Reaction score
This isn't going to replace my HTC keyboard, due to lack of compact qwerty, and feedback tweaking (noise level, vibration length) but I liked it a lot, actually. Much more clean looking than the default, and it sort of reminded me of the iPhone4 keyboard. Hey, I know we're android fans here, but Apple makes a good software keyboard... I think that Moto did a pretty good job with this.

chudilo

Reaction score
Had a couple of problems (alt sticking unpredictably) after installing the version posted in Post 21 everything is working perfectly. Now I just need more languages, but that can wait

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Somewhat related, when I'm in a text box in dolphin HD for ex, and I hit enter on the physical KB, I get the search function come up instead of going down a line. @nd release of froyo, no theme, can anyone duplicate, or lead me in a solution? (not that i really need one, was just trying out the pkb once yesterday for kicks).

midnightlouise

Reaction score
Installed from QR code that post 38 led me to. Speech to text working, ampersand no prob. Woo-hoo! Non-rooted MotoDroid 2.1.

AJRAS

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone the Droid X Multitouch Keyboard has been ported!

repackaged-signed.apk

Source: [APP] [REQUEST] Can anyone port Droid X 2.1 keyboard to N1 on 2.2? - xda-developers

Droid X Multitouch Keyboard Available - Android Forums

You need to have "non-market sources" enabled in your application settings. You can install the file with any file manager, such as Astro.

Report back with your experiences! Also, apparently the vibrate when key pressed feature doesn't work.

Been reported to work on Evo, Incredible, and I'm currently running on my Droid!

If i install this then it will update my defult keybord

So if i uninstall will it go back to normal?
(just in case i dint like it)

MOTO DROID :motdroidvert:

Last edited:

pilot25

Reaction score
anyone have problems with this using the hardware keyboard? I notice the caps and space bar are a bit weird..

/Going back to the HTC keyboard.