[APPS] Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

wooddale

Reaction score
I am having problems also since update overclock not working but it is still on the market on my phone I figure he knows about it and is gonna fix it be patient

KerrAvon

Reaction score
I am having problems also since update overclock not working but it is still on the market on my phone I figure he knows about it and is gonna fix it be patient

Okay, I figured this out. It turns on I was on 2.3.320 software version. The official one is 2.3.340. Once I used the 2.3.340 SBF, it now shows in the market again and I was able to update.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Okay, I figured this out. It turns on I was on 2.3.320 software version. The official one is 2.3.340. Once I used the 2.3.340 SBF, it now shows in the market again and I was able to update.

I responded to you in your pm. +1 on normal guy stuff. I can't read every post on every thread I've created everyday while responding to about 20+ emails per day while going to school and working full time + being married. I am already tired just programming the thing.

wabmorgan

Reaction score
I am beginning to think we are being ignored.

He isn't a professional programmer; he's a normal guy like the rest of us who just does this on the side. He could be getting ready for finals or something. It isn't his job to respond to every post made to every app and rom he has created.

On the side, I still can't get my profiles to work correctly, most notably Screen Off not deactivating and my phone getting stuck at 300 MHz until I manually adjust the slider. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I agree.... sometimes we are simply too busy to accommodate everyone. I will just be thankful when the problem gets resolved.... even if it doesn't... I can SBF or just live with it.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am beginning to think we are being ignored.

He isn't a professional programmer; he's a normal guy like the rest of us who just does this on the side. He could be getting ready for finals or something. It isn't his job to respond to every post made to every app and rom he has created.

On the side, I still can't get my profiles to work correctly, most notably Screen Off not deactivating and my phone getting stuck at 300 MHz until I manually adjust the slider. Any ideas?

I agree.... sometimes we are simply too busy to accommodate everyone. I will just be thankful when the problem gets resolved.... even if it doesn't... I can SBF or just live with it.

Not sure why you are having the lcd problem. Did you ever get an error message saying the app needed to be installed from the market (was a small bug w/ it).

If the app is installed this should also change your lcd desnisty:

in terminal emulator type:

Code:
su
$(busybox find /data -name rtlite.sh) setprops density 240
reboot

KerrAvon

Reaction score

I responded to you in your pm. +1 on normal guy stuff. I can't read every post on every thread I've created everyday while responding to about 20+ emails per day while going to school and working full time + being married. I am already tired just programming the thing.

My apologies.

wooddale

Reaction score
Is any body else having trouble with over clock or is it just me I got new update this morning and now it doesnt work

KerrAvon

Reaction score
Mine is running fine.

bloodmut

Reaction score
hey guys - i'm fairly new at this stuff - just rooted and installed squidly today on my droid 2. lovin this stuff. A. Thank you Jrummy for this app. and B. I thought I was having problems with the profiles working but upon reboot they seem to be ok. Only question is, what is a good temp? Or in other words, what is a SAFE temp. I just want better battery life, i'm not looking to get my droid 2 to run at crazy speeds. I have it on low voltage 1.0...does this sound okay? Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

wooddale

Reaction score
Still cant figure this out guys I got a droidx and a d2 both overclocked the d2 still works fine I downloaded the new update from moto this morning 2.2.340 or something its brandnew update ever since I did every time I open overclock it says didnt install module. because my phones not on the list but its suppoised to be Droidx I figure because of the new update Jared may have to reconfigure something I guess it still works but I cant adjust anything I dont know what anything is set at If thats the case I can wait for the update but if not then I gotta figure out whats wrong overclocking is one of the main reasons I rooted Thanks

wabmorgan

Reaction score

Not sure why you are having the lcd problem. Did you ever get an error message saying the app needed to be installed from the market (was a small bug w/ it).

If the app is installed this should also change your lcd desnisty:

in terminal emulator type:

Code:
su
$(busybox find /data -name rtlite.sh) setprops density 240
reboot

No on market error. I'm not sure... actually only a guess... but I tired the OTA update the other day and it failed. Might have hosed the some super permissions???

I finally played around with it so much(on another program) that I basicly bricked the driod X. :( Wound up doing STB 2.2. Recoverey. Ran OTA update to 2.21. and re-rooted.

I was amazed that everything was still there. LOL!!!! Even the bloatware I had removed came back. ALL OF IT!!!!!!! :(

Your program seems to be back to normal. :) No errors now.

kwest12

Reaction score
Still cant figure this out guys I got a droidx and a d2 both overclocked the d2 still works fine I downloaded the new update from moto this morning 2.2.340 or something its brandnew update ever since I did every time I open overclock it says didnt install module. because my phones not on the list but its suppoised to be Droidx I figure because of the new update Jared may have to reconfigure something I guess it still works but I cant adjust anything I dont know what anything is set at If thats the case I can wait for the update but if not then I gotta figure out whats wrong overclocking is one of the main reasons I rooted Thanks

Hey there, I just bought this app because from everything I've read, it's the best around for the droid x. I installed it and opened it for the first time. It asked for su permission which I granted it. Next think I know, the program pops up a message telling me

"Overclock Module Info
Note: The overclock module was not installed.
This usually occurs because your phone is not
supported for the module. Droid Overclock will
still function properly and you may still use its
main features (CPU Frequency Scaling, Profiles
and Extras)
If your phone is on the supported list, please
uninstall and reinstall "Overclock" or try using
the (New Module) in settings.
If the problems persists, please contacts us.
You can also choose to (Disable Module) in
settings until the problem has been resolved."

I tried installing and reinstalling, but the same thing occurred. I'm currently running rubix 1.8.6 and I know for a fact that this app is supposed to work with the dx and rubix. Also, this app was initially designed for the droid x so I'm questioning why I'd have to use a different module... Shouldn't it be working right out of the box with the phone it was initially defined for?

Please give me some insight. Btw I quoted wooddale bc he seems to be having the same issue.

EDIT: I used estrongs file manager (it has an app manager built in) to clear the app data and uninstall. I followed with a reboot, and reinstall. I have no clue why this effected anything, but upon reinstall everything worked as it should without any popup message. It's working well so far.

Last edited:

bookie

Reaction score
If u go into the market and click contact the developer jrummy will get back to ya pretty quick.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hey there, I just bought this app because from everything I've read, it's the best around for the droid x. I installed it and opened it for the first time. It asked for su permission which I granted it. Next think I know, the program pops up a message telling me

"Overclock Module Info
Note: The overclock module was not installed.
This usually occurs because your phone is not
supported for the module. Droid Overclock will
still function properly and you may still use its
main features (CPU Frequency Scaling, Profiles
and Extras)
If your phone is on the supported list, please
uninstall and reinstall "Overclock" or try using
the (New Module) in settings.
If the problems persists, please contacts us.
You can also choose to (Disable Module) in
settings until the problem has been resolved."

I tried installing and reinstalling, but the same thing occurred. I'm currently running rubix 1.8.6 and I know for a fact that this app is supposed to work with the dx and rubix. Also, this app was initially designed for the droid x so I'm questioning why I'd have to use a different module... Shouldn't it be working right out of the box with the phone it was initially defined for?

Please give me some insight. Btw I quoted wooddale bc he seems to be having the same issue.

I'm seeing the same thing after updating to the latest OTA kernel... guessing that it has something to do with that? I'll have to see if I can contact Jrummy and see if he has any insight I guess.

kwest12

Reaction score
I was ready to do that but I decided to clear the app's data, uninstall, make a recovery image and then retry. Low and behold I think the reboot did the trick. Weird... Anyway thanks for the reply.