[APPS] Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

hartsgt

Reaction score
i had a similiar problem this morning. i installed the update and than rebooted my phone a few minutes later. when the phone rebooted i was stuck on the m. i ended up installing the .320 sbf and than the .340 update sbf and back to rubix 1.9.0. all my apps loaded except for this app. i reinstalled and if i open the app i get only three menu items scaling, extras and about. i cleared the cache and deleted the app and reinstalled. now i have full menu but as soon as i go to lv and click on 1.15 as i always have, it throws the phone into clockwork reboot. this all worked fine with this os until the update this morning. any ideas?

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i had a similiar problem this morning. i installed the update and than rebooted my phone a few minutes later. when the phone rebooted i was stuck on the m. i ended up installing the .320 sbf and than the .340 update sbf and back to rubix 1.9.0. all my apps loaded except for this app. i reinstalled and if i open the app i get only three menu items scaling, extras and about. i cleared the cache and deleted the app and reinstalled. now i have full menu but as soon as i go to lv and click on 1.15 as i always have, it throws the phone into clockwork reboot. this all worked fine with this os until the update this morning. any ideas?

What is your kernel version? What module are you using in settings? The old module should not be used with certain kernels. By default it should not allow you to use any module that would cause this though.

hartsgt

Reaction score
the kernal is 2.6.32.9-g55626e1 but where do i find the module version? if you are talking module version in the info window of the app it shows 1.4.4 like i said this has worked beautiful and never a problem till this morning and has haunted me all day. im sure i must have messed something up when i reloaded everything?

djsiva

Reaction score
I was running LV 1.25GHz before I ran the new DX update. Now, my phone instantly reboots when I select LV 1.25GHz. Any ideas?

Nate

Edit: Just tried other speeds and it's doing it on all of them. ????????????

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was running LV 1.25GHz before I ran the new DX update. Now, my phone instantly reboots when I select LV 1.25GHz. Any ideas?

Nate

I am still getting the new update to run perfect but it is most likely doing that because the old module is being installed. Go into settings and toggle the new module, reboot and try again.

kameleongt

Reaction score

Nate

I am still getting the new update to run perfect but it is most likely doing that because the old module is being installed. Go into settings and toggle the new module, reboot and try again.

^this worked for me for me the issue was not detecting so i couldn't oc or uv just mess with the other settings.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, new update is working fine as far as I'm concerned, I don't know why I had an issue with the last update but everything is working great now.

BSouders80

Reaction score
Noob needs help

I flipped from the AT&T iphone to Verizon for the Droid X. I picked up the X last week. So far I've been happy with it.

My iphone was jailbroken and highly modified, so getting onto the same page here is taking me a bit.

I rooted my droid x with the Z4 app and it worked. I can now turn on the Wireless tethering and have superuser access.

I'm trying to overclock and I'm running into walls. I downloaded the DX/D2 app and it never goes above the stock 1000 mhz no matter what I change for the values.

I installed Droid X Overclock and I get the module note "The overclock Module was not installed." I downloaded Milestone overclock and that module will not install either.

Once I get pointed in the right directions, I'll run with and take off like a grass fire, but right now, I'm having trouble getting my match to light. Need more fuel.

I've searched but things are a little greek right now.

I'll post any info that you would like to know.

Thank you.

Brian

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I flipped from the AT&T iphone to Verizon for the Droid X. I picked up the X last week. So far I've been happy with it.

My iphone was jailbroken and highly modified, so getting onto the same page here is taking me a bit.

I rooted my droid x with the Z4 app and it worked. I can now turn on the Wireless tethering and have superuser access.

I'm trying to overclock and I'm running into walls. I downloaded the DX/D2 app and it never goes above the stock 1000 mhz no matter what I change for the values.

I installed Droid X Overclock and I get the module note "The overclock Module was not installed." I downloaded Milestone overclock and that module will not install either.

Once I get pointed in the right directions, I'll run with and take off like a grass fire, but right now, I'm having trouble getting my match to light. Need more fuel.

I've searched but things are a little greek right now.

I'll post any info that you would like to know.

Thank you.

Brian

Brian, uninstall Droid Overclock by Jrummy again and reinstall it. I had the same issues then for unknown reasons the next day I tried another uninstall and reinstall and it worked fine.

BSouders80

Reaction score
To uninstall and reinstall...... Go into Application Manager > Delete App? Then go back into the Market and redownload and install that way?

Thank you.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To uninstall and reinstall...... Go into Application Manager > Delete App? Then go back into the Market and redownload and install that way?

Thank you.

Brian

Sorry for the edit. I had a bit of a senior moment.

Yes, you can do it from the downloads in the market (Market/menu/downloads or "my apps" depending on which Market you are using.)

BSouders80

Reaction score
hookbill -

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Same thing, "The overclock module was not installed." Version of the app is 1.9.9

Idears?

Thanks.

Brian

bookie

Reaction score
If you go into settings in the overclock app then click disable module. Then go into settings and click it again. That started it up for me.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

BSouders80

Reaction score
Bookie -

I tried your recommendation. By Disabling the Latest Module I can use the "extras" in the app but not modify the frequency or voltages to bump the speed.

Did I miss something?

Brian

bookie

Reaction score
Bookie -

I tried your recommendation. By Disabling the Latest Module I can use the "extras" in the app but not modify the frequency or voltages to bump the speed.

Did I miss something?

Brian

You have to enable the module again
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App