[APPS] Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

jonathon1289

Reaction score
QuickClock does seem to calculate a bit on the 'safe' side. On my phone at least, I am able to drop the voltage 2-3 points below what the app suggests with no issues.

swagmonster

Reaction score
I only use quickclock as a base line it told me my highest CPU setting.g was 1406 but when I set it that my phone.w got so bogged down I had to do a battery pull

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
My phone crashed at 12 volts quickclock tells me to stay at 17 volts!

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are different profiles within quickclock as well. It will give you at least a general idea. It gives me 300/14 as a low point and 1350/65 as a high point. You can mess with that, but at least it's a good starting calibration. Also you can change the stability buffer to 13 as well safely. This will also reduce voltage by 1 or 2. The governor also plays a big role. Try messing with those. I use interactive and/or smartass. They work great to increase performance while saving battery. There are a lot more parameters to tweak, you just have to explore

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Winkly

Reaction score
Two questions: First, the market shows 'Install updates' clicking on it gets me nowhere, it just says it's going to uninstall the program.

Second, has there been any work done on settings 'sticking' on CM7? I don't reboot terribly often so it's not a huge deal, but I would like the application to work as advertised (and yes I realized I am running a custom ROM etc)

Other than that, this is one of my favorite apps, so much stuff in one place. It's a must have for anyone.

Wink

;)

Reaction score
Maybe u can answered a question for me I haven't been able to get answered,,I have quick clock and used it to find out my values,,,now from what I've read u use quick clock to find out your minimum and Max settings then go to Droid overclocker and enter them into a profile there, ,well my problem is I don't know where to go on Droid overclocker to pit them in,if u no a step by step guide would be helpfully so I don't mess nothing up I got my settings just need to put them in overclocker

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just use the battery saver profile in quickclock. I don't mess with all the other profile stuff. I just use droid overclock for the governer and the extras. If you want to set them in droid overclock though, just go to the cpu slider screen and there will be a box for profiles. Click on that and set them there.

Droid 2 zombiestomped v1.71

wyld

Reaction score
In Droid overclock you would go yo advanced to manually enter values for slot 1 2 3 4 slot 1 being the lowest and 4 swing the highest.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah but i believe he's looking for the profiles section, where you can set frequency based on batt level, temp etc..

Droid 2 zombiestomped v1.71

crypto

Reaction score
anyone else having issues with the app losing root with the latest update? (2.2.2)

Tone_Capone

Reaction score
anyone else having issues with the app losing root with the latest update? (2.2.2)

Yes i had the same issue. I am also having issues with the frequencies not being set correctly at boot and the widget not updating quickly.

crypto

Reaction score

Yes i had the same issue. I am also having issues with the frequencies not being set correctly at boot and the widget not updating quickly.

I've had the issues with freq not being set at boot for a long time. And i also have the same widget update issue.

I pm'd Jrummy about it so we'll see what he says.

I'm running CM7 nightly 13

Reaction score
In Droid overclock you would go yo advanced to manually enter values for slot 1 2 3 4 slot 1 being the lowest and 4 swing the highest.

that's what I was looking for thanks

Reaction score

that's what I was looking for thanks

so slot 1 for me in CPU minimum frequency would be 300 and below it in CPU minimum voltage would be 18 Wich is vsels on quick clock is that rite, ,and so on down the the line

wyld

Reaction score
Yep. That's what I do use quicklock to tell me what my phone can do. Then manually enter values in Droid overclock app. And you can save as preset.