[APPS] Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

Tboy72

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this app works on a rooted X2. Does it only run on Droid and Droid 2?

DMFA

Reaction score
Tons of FCs since last update...what's up?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
Droid x android overclock app uses alot more battery life since app updated. Market doesn't option to uninstall updates.

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X

Danja

Reaction score
Is it possible to change profile depending on the app? I'd like to have the clock speed go as high as possible and on higher voltage while using my camera, and then return to underclock/undervolt when I shut the camera off. Is this possible?

supermatt9

Reaction score
Just wanted to check in and confirm the variation in different phones.

I installed the app and easily ran 1.3 at LV on my droid x running CM7.

Told my brother about it, he has the same phone and same rom and he could not get past 1.15 at any voltage.

swagmonster

Reaction score
Different phones have different CPU capabilities he probably got unlucky with a slower cpu

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is why the app quickclock advanced is a must have. It runs a calibration test for your unique cpu to find how high and low you can run frequency and voltage. Why take a chance? Best overclock app out there and it runs perfectly in sync with droid overclock

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

wyld

Reaction score
My phone can do 1.3 ghz but I keep it at 1.15 but that's just me and what I'm comfortable with.

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I've been playing with mine more. I can run 1.4ghz just fine, but my normal settings were 300mhz min @19 volts and 1.2ghz at 62volts.

In the interest of better battery life, I changed to 250mhz @17 volts and 1ghz @55 volts. I made the change about halfway through my battery, and was able to pull 48 hours out of the charge with around a 6 hour display on time. I am letting the new lower voltage settings run on a full battery charge to see if there is any improvement.

wyld

Reaction score
My min is at 300 MHz at 17 volts and Max 1.15 ghz at 59 volts. If I jump to 1.2 ghz quickclock advanced tells me it has be at 65 volts! My interest in rooting was to save battery not waist it! Lol

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz