Droid X 2.2 Benchmark?

shinkamui

Reaction score
sure, but you'll need root, and a decent knowledge of the terminal. You need to remount /system as rw, then you can edit build.prop. I think root explorer might handle all of the heavy lifting for you, but I can't say with any certainty, as that claim is based on anecdotal evidence from other forums. Worst case scenario, you learn how to use [the] adb.

shinkamui

Reaction score
screenshot_2.png

This was with setting media.stagefright = true in BuildProp. I stumbled on this trying to get fix my sound quality problem with Pandora....

Nice score! We have now officially surpassed the Galaxy S with lagfix! I'm not looking forward to seeing their scores with a hacked froyo rom though...

donballz

Reaction score
Could you edit the Build.prop through the phone instead of having to transfer it to a PC and editting it through notepad?

I'm hitting like 1480 with my quadrant scores, but this stagefright edit could put me over.

Really easy with Root Explorer. Just navigate to the system folder, mount and long press the BP to edit.

chefb

Reaction score
I ran the bench mark and posted a1365...it's says faster then the nexus but I'm sceptical

abe7333

Reaction score
I am assuming that we are getting not that high benchmark because of all that bloatware we have?

Sent from my DROIDX

ytsud

Reaction score
If you are rooted, you can download "drocap2" it takes screenshots and will even mail them for you.

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
I really think too many people put too much weight on these little tests. Just use the phone and see how fast it is...it speaks for itself.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Last night after loading my newest Optimized/ZipAligned DeoDexed OTA2315 Theme on a Stock DeOdexed OTA 2.3.15 system and using it for an hour or so to let apps get loaded and used etc....and with 216 total apps installed (including system and ALL original Bloatware apps), WiFi and GPS on, dozens of Blur Widgets on the Home screens, all the Messaging, Twitter app (and "Blur Twitter") Social Messaging, News, and all that crap active and 28 individual services showing actiive in "Running Services"(see screen caps below) in other words just how I use it daily, with no cheater "turn this and that off" tricks............

15953d1285449816-droid-x-2-2-benchmark-1482-quadrant.png

15954d1285449851-droid-x-2-2-benchmark-running-quadrant.png

Good enough for me...for now :)

shinkamui

Reaction score
@928Droid, good enough for me too :) If you're scoring that high with all that stuff running then your phone is kicking some ass. Even with the hacks and tweaks, the bottleneck for me in performance is 3D only in psx4droid, which is the only reason I really even got interested in overclocking my original droid and performance tweaking. Now its an obsession! If at the end of the day I can play Castlevania SOTN full speed on my droidx, I will smile happily and retire.

abe7333

Reaction score
Yup I have 1493. I am pretty happy. I heard people are getting 2000 of you get rid of bloatware.

Sent from my DROIDX

shinkamui

Reaction score
Actually, scores have nothing to do with bloatware so long as its not running. Read the forum, many tweaks are discussed if you want a higher score.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk