Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
DROID 2 Benchmark Score Drops Jaws

Stock Droid 2 running Android 2.2 and crushing any phone on the planet in a Quadrant benchmark. That my friends, is real power. And as you can see, this D2 was taken straight out of the box and didn’t even have the opportunity to get undressed before blowing minds. Anyone still not sure that this device is a certified winner?

droid-life.com

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I imagine the Droid X, once it gets Android 2.2, will approximately match the Droid 2's Quadrant score.

I find it interesting that the D2 (and presumably the DX) isn't getting as much of a performance boost from Froyo as the D1 and N1 did.

hazynighthawk

Reaction score
yeah im gonna say the dx being that high already once we get 2.2 itll beat or at least tie the d2

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Either you all are smoking crack or I have my rumors wrong, isn't the D2 shipping at like 750mhz? The X is 1ghz and should destroy the D2 with 2.2.

I'm missing something aren't I?

Mule65

Reaction score
Yawn = Quadrant. I get 1268 on my stock 2.1 Droid X. Played with a herky-jerky Froyo HTC EVO last weekend and was very underwhelmed. Hope Moto is better but my expectations have been lowered.

Last edited:

Micrane

Reaction score
droid x will do better.. atleast it better! once we get 2.2
for example.. i got my machine at 1415 with 1.15 clock and 56 volts (66 stock) on 2.1 . i bet well see 1500+....

Garandhero

Reaction score
Ive gotten 1284, 1297, and 1301 on my drod x - totally stock with quadrant.... that droid 2 score doesnt blow me away at all... I am sure DX with 2.2 will be superior.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Meh, nice job droid 2...but nothing spectaluar given that I've seen overclocked droid 1's surpass those numbers...yes overclocked, if its all numbers to someone then 1630 on quadrant here, whooop dee do! More features and customization is why I stay rooted, not for quadrant scores, although overclocking is a cool perk

TheJester34

Reaction score
Stock Droid X, pulled a 1284. Maybe if I ever root it and OC it I'll get a really big score. lol

talk about high quadrant scores this blows it all away, the http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-smart-phones/68535-samsung-galaxy-s-hits-2500-quadrant.html with some kernel tweaking from the community, and this is on Android 2.1 no JIT Compiler yet...just wait, easily over 3000

Keep in mind, though, that not everyone roots and mods their phones. I would assume the average consumer wouldn't care too much about these things. Stock for stock, the DX pulls the higher score. Though that is impressive to see that the Galaxy S is capable of that.

Last edited:

domino0415

Reaction score
u all must remember quadrant use a 3d and 2d benchmark also that uses the gpu ... the galaxy S phones also have a really fast gpu on them. thats my best bet at y they so much higher scores