Droid vs Nexus One

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
For me the biggest difference is I have the Droid in my Pocket :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For me the biggest difference is I have the Droid in my Pocket :)
Yup. And I'll be very hard pressed to give it up. I could return mine before the 1/13/10 date for Holiday purchases. But then I'd have to give up Android til Spring. No deal for me.

mjs31

Reaction score
I just don't see anything compelling enough for me to leave the Droid. I don't use the physical keyboard and would love to remove it, but this is not the one for me to switch. Droid has been way to great!!!

asmallchild

Reaction score
Having set up my Droid now, I'm too lazy to return it (even within the 30 day window) and wait for the N1

That doesn't save my Droid from meeting the same fate my Storm did (retirement after 12 months) if something hot and cool comes up by next December :)

I'm not sure I'd be able to convince myself to upgrade from the Droid to the N1 next December, it's not as monumental a shift as Storm to Droid.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
A little more speed isn't enough to make me switch. My Droid is very capable and fast enough for me. Plus I like the flash, the physical keyboard, and the screen is beautiful. I also prefer the straight lines and "darkness" of the Droid's design.

In no way and I talking the N1 down though, it looks like an amazing phone but their specs are so similar that I see no reason to switch.

natty_lite

Reaction score
I just spoke to a friend who has an inside scoop at Google. The N1 has better graphics, and yes it's faster. Not enough of a difference for me to switch. Even he is telling me to stick to my droid.
I would have asked my friend if he's seen the 3D benchmark vid that showd the Nexus achieving a very modest 26.7 FPS. That puts it on par with a G1 running a cyanogen ROM or Hero.

I Have yet to see any real evidence of the Nexus outpacing the Droid at all. I've only heard people saying "well..uh...its smoother and faster like a little bit kinda sorta" That says absolutely nothing. Over all other Android devices, I would call the Nexus a huge leap forward, compared to the Droid, I consider it more of a "sidegrade" than anything.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just spoke to a friend who has an inside scoop at Google. The N1 has better graphics, and yes it's faster. Not enough of a difference for me to switch. Even he is telling me to stick to my droid.
I would have asked my friend if he's seen the 3D benchmark vid that showd the Nexus achieving a very modest 26.7 FPS. That puts it on par with a G1 running a cyanogen ROM or Hero.

I Have yet to see any real evidence of the Nexus outpacing the Droid at all. I've only heard people saying "well..uh...its smoother and faster like a little bit kinda sorta" That says absolutely nothing. Over all other Android devices, I would call the Nexus a huge leap forward, compared to the Droid, I consider it more of a "sidegrade" than anything.
Myself included. I've almost psyched myself out of liking my Droid today... with no 'real' evidence. Luckily a trip to the gym worked off my frustration. Love my Droid again. :icon_ banana:

soyboy

Reaction score
Another factor for is the the build quality. Assuming that the Nexus is built in a similar fashion to the Eris, I think the Moto will hold up better, at least to my use. I do think the Nexus and Eris are good looking phones though and the Eris does feel good in the hand. Also, like others have mentioned some reviews actually seem to prefer the Droid.

In 6 months there will be another phone that will pass the Nexus in drool quality, likely one of the newer Motos that is coming along. There is always something new. I still love my Droid. Let's see what else is announced this week at CES.....

TheShaz

Reaction score
Ill wait to see how the battery does before agreeing/disagreeing with this statement for me. I agree faster is usually better but this is a phone for me first and a computer second.....If I can't use it as a phone because the battery is always dead I'd rather it be a little slower. JMHO. Its hard enough for me to go a full day on a charge with the droid and I leave Wi-Fi and GPS off and brightness at the lowest setting.

I agree, the N1 specs look nice the proessor and GPU are enticing. But the Droid is awsome wit battery life. It can last a full day before being plugged back in the charger.

I cant get once until March/April - so I guess by then I will know if the N1 is worth it or not.

But right now I am enjoying the Droid I have :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

Murz

Reaction score
Most of what I've heard about the N1 is that it looks better then the Droid. I prefer the look of the Droid.

samredman

Reaction score
Here is the PC World chart comparing the two phones:

- PC World

Not a significant difference according to their conclusions.

mach330

Reaction score
not sure if this has been brought up already. the droid has the gorilla glass touchscreen. how about the n1? i do like how pretty scratch resistant the gorilla glass is.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
from the specs for the N1 the only thing about it that makes me want to switch from my moto droid is the oled screen...oled screens just look so much more vibrant and unlike LCD's, the blacks are truly black, plus they use less power. My wife has a samsung rogue with an oled screen and the difference is VERY noticeable to me.

They do look good. I just came from a Samsung Impression and it was so much brighter and sharper. I can see the difference as well.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
iPhone = Droid = Nexus One

All of these phones are so close in specs and usability that it just comes down to personal preference. They don't all do everything the same and they each do something different:)