1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Nexus One Review slams Moto Droid... keeps iPhone 3Gs in good graces

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by wuyanks, Dec 23, 2009.

1. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Google Nexus One Hands On - Nexus one - Gizmodo
  2. StupidGenius

StupidGenius New Member

I read this review, and it wasn't exactly a fair comparison. The Droid was running 2.0 and the Nexus 2.1. Everyone that has loaded 2.1 on the Droid has said how much faster it is with the new OS. It really didn't land for me.
  3. wuyanks

agreed... also keep in mind the Nexus One has 512 Flash ROM and 512 RAM though
  4. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

I still will not consider the Nexus One a better phone for a few reasons

On-Screen only keyboard without multi-touch on-screen keyboard it will not pick up all my keystrokes without that

3G only on T-Mobiles network no VZW version has been announced yet AT&T 3G will not work on it
  5. Anomander

Anomander New Member

I'd be curious to see too how much of difference the review would have been if Droid was running 2.1 too.
  6. pcandroid

pcandroid New Member

That guy should have got his hands on a Droid with 2.1. I have a feeling they feel similar. Mine has been much faster and moving around with 2.1. I did notice that some of the animated wallpapers slow it down but even with that it feels faster then it did on 2.0.1.

I still wait to see what people think 2.1 nexus vs 2.1 droid.
  7. StupidGenius

StupidGenius New Member

True, I give it that. Still didn't seem like an Apples to Apples comparison though. Kind of ticked me off even. I wish it success as it will show the power of the Android OS.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  8. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

People...GSM phone.
    1. Not coming to Verizon.
    2. Unlocked by T-Mobile and sold from.
    3. Accessible on AT&T without 3G speed and strictly EDGE data.

I hope you all enjoy T-Mobile guys.

If there is ever a Nexus 2 on Verizon or Apple...I will likely be taking Apple (unless Blackberry comes out with something worthy). Not becoming a slave to Google.
  9. wuyanks

anyway, we should see this phone on verizon in 1H 2010 as the HTC Incredible...
  10. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

You are confusing a true review of the Nexus One with this... which was a hit piece on the Droid... plain and simple. The Droid wasn't called a "Hero killer", the Hero wasn't called a "My Touch killer"... but this warrants a "Droid Schmoid"

Fanboys fear the Droid. This story is a great example of that. They may very well fear the Nexus One once it isn't vapor... when it comes out... but by then, it will become Apple rumor time, and "why get the Nexus One when the IPhone 3gsX is 'right around the corner'"?
  11. jrl9851

jrl9851 New Member

I hope they announce the price before the 9th...because that will be my 30 days (bought my droid on dec. 9th). As much as I love the droid, I always want the best phone.
  12. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

The HTC Incredible is being produced by HTC as a phone from them.

Google hired HTC to produce the Nexus with instructions laid out by them. HTC was a hired gun and this is NOT a typical HTC device with "Sense" and everything else. It is the same thing as Apple paying Foxconn to produce the iPhone.

The Incredible is designed from within HTC. The Google Phone/Nexus was designed specifically by Google for their own sake. They are SEPARATE. The Incredible is just one of the hundred or so phones being released by HTC in 2010.

We will not be getting the Google Phone. Verizon rejected the Google Phone during pre-production...this is why the phone is limited to GSM and T-Mobile.

The HTC Incredible will be an HTC device separate from Google. Do you think Google would allow HTC to copy the design of the phone so they lose sales?

I think many Verizon people just ignore the forums about this subject because we've discussed this a million times. No Google/Nexus phone for you.
  13. Elysian

Elysian New Member

T-Mobile is why this phone will ultimately fail. It may sell well by their standards, but their market share is pathetic, even compared to Sprint.
  14. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

Woh...you mean that the phone I bought this year won't be the fastest phone ever...forever? A newer phone, with newer parts, that's not even on the market yet, might be faster and work a little better? That's it...I'm going back to the telegraph...

In case my sarcasm was too dripping....my point is, who cares if it's a little faster (once we're on 2.1 officially), and has a better screen? That doesn't make the Droid not an awesome phone.

That guys a jackass!
  15. wuyanks

@LordKastle... all signs point towards VZ getting the HTC "Incredible" (Whatever you want to call it), but not immediately... i think 1H 2010 is a fair assumption.

the google phone will be exclusive for awhile, but not permanently (and obviously rebranded).

i love my Droid. it's fantastic, but you can't ignore the fact that VZ will be pursuing newer and better. that being said, i will keep my Droid until 4G is rolled out to mainstream.
  16. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

Yanks....HTC would have to purchase the rights to the phone from Google. This is not an HTC device. Do you call the iPhone a Foxconn phone? Foxconn also produces the certain Palm phones. Does that mean Foxconn can sell Palm the iPhone blueprint? Nope.

I think you are mistaken. HTC does not own the rights to the Nexus/Google phone. Why would Google harm their own sales so HTC can benefit? Common sense. Verizon will not be getting this phone.

Whatever the "Incredible" is..if it is even an Android device will be a prototypical HTC device with "Sense UI". It has nothing to do with the Nexus/Google phone.
  17. wuyanks

Kastle: how about this... HTC (who releases more phones than there are varieties of Heinz ketchup) will release a phone with a different design build, but with the same specs, and on VZs CDMA.

but now we're straying from the topic at hand, which was a blatantly biased review :icon_ devil:
  18. papy72

papy72 New Member

Sorry for sounding ignorant, but why can't Google just make the phone with VZW bands and sell it themselves? Why do they need VZW's approval? Isn't that the nature of "unlocked" phones?
  19. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

your missing a big part to this LK the HTC phone they are talking about will be CDMA not a copy of the N1 there will be alot of changes to but they will run very much the spec hardware though I do not think it will be stripped of the HTC UI so that kinda kills it for me anyways

but that phone will be basicly the same phone for the most part
  20. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

HTC will release a different phone with similar specs. Congradulations, you are a rocket scientist. HTC's phone will also be their own adaptation with "Sense UI" and everything else they produce.

Would HTC produce a phone with un-similar specs? When was the last time a technological company went backwards.

Do we call the Nexus an iPhone? Do we call the Droid an iPhone? Why would we call the Incredible the Nexus?

What happens in July when HTC or Samsung release another phone.. Do we call that the Incredible? Your logic is flawed.

Have you seen the lineup from HTC for 2010? They have legitimately about 100 phones being released.