Droid vs iPhone

Greybullet11

Reaction score
Do you think Droid is better than the iPhone??:rating10: I personally think the Droid is better looking, and the display is a lot more crisp and brighter.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'll find lots of discussion on that topic if you search around a bit. But for the most part, it seems we are all in agreement. Better? Probably, it really depends on what exactly you are talking about.. By how much? Well now we are splitting hairs. Both devices are fantastic, but frankly I'm just happy to see some hype around something other than the iPhone.

OP
Greybullet11

Greybullet11

Reaction score
well i have a lot of friends that bought the iPhone and it seems that every time we meet they can't stop talking about how great the iPhone and Mac are and "i'm a leader not a follower" you know what i mean, anyways i decided to go with PC :) and something new and fresh the "Droid" so i just like to hear what people have to say about these two great gadgets.

SandsUSA

Reaction score
When I purchased my Droid, I was at the end of a line with 4 other groups of people. They were all parents buying iPhones for their teenagers. I don't want to be a member of that club.

I don't want to develop apps on a Mac. Or have my applications 'approved' by Apple. I don't want to be a member of that club.

I've been on AT&T. And I don't want to be a member of that club again.

The Droid may not be perfect, but it's a club I can live with.

zakany

Reaction score
According to AT&T's map they use in their local advertising, I'd lose their 3G network about ten miles west of here. Therefore, I bought a Droid instead of an iPhone. Nothing more complicated than that.

Camping last year, with a storm approaching, I had to walk a hundred yards into the woods to make a call on AT&T. A fellow camper on another network brought up animated weather maps showing the approaching front.

The decision was rather easy to make.

korp

Reaction score
well i have a lot of friends that bought the iPhone and it seems that every time we meet they can't stop talking about how great the iPhone and Mac are and "i'm a leader not a follower" you know what i mean, anyways i decided to go with PC :) and something new and fresh the "Droid" so i just like to hear what people have to say about these two great gadgets.
Its because a ton of the mac followers are extremely loyal once they hop on the bandwagon. They like simplicity and obviously the simpler something gets the less it can actually do. Not to say the iPhone isn't a really cool device but I would hate being limited to that extent .... love my Droid and the android os.

The Shredder

Reaction score
The Droid has the guts and the iphone has the sex. If you like tech you will side with the droid. If you care how you look.. well you side with the iphone.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
If the iPhone were on vzw I'd have that. I got a Blackberry storm because at the time it was the most "iPhone-like" phone vzw had. Boy was that a stretch.

I got the Droid because I hated the storm and, again, it's there as an iPhone alternative. I like Droid, but if I had a choice it would be iPhone.

OP
Greybullet11

Greybullet11

Reaction score
When I purchased my Droid, I was at the end of a line with 4 other groups of people. They were all parents buying iPhones for their teenagers. I don't want to be a member of that club.

I don't want to develop apps on a Mac. Or have my applications 'approved' by Apple. I don't want to be a member of that club.

I've been on AT&T. And I don't want to be a member of that club again.

The Droid may not be perfect, but it's a club I can live with.

I'm with you on that one! I'm sure that a lot of them spoiled brats got the iPhone GS this christmas! i rather stand out of the crowd with my :motdroidvert: lol

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
This topic is tiring, the two devices are fundamentally different in target market and capabilities.

Everyone makes comparisons to the iPhone...

I too, coming from a techie background and not wanting to get tied to apple (let's face it, you get tied to iTunes, only apple approved Alps, etc.) skipped on that when it came out.

I wanted a good first smartphone, and know that during the time I have it that I can do what I want with it, having an open source OS is a huge difference and a plus in my book.

Then, being on VZ means that when play time is over, I can not only place a call, but maintain it!

So I'm loving my Droid!

nolanandy

Reaction score
IMO, Droid is slightly better device than iphone in term of hardware. However, Droid is just released where the latest iphone is almost a year old. With today technologies, things move fast, a few months would make a huge different. You have to agree that without iphone, BB is probably still the best smartphone, and google OS won't be any closed to what it is today. Hats off to Apple for releasing iphone. It's probably one of the best invention in the last decade.

luckmylife

Reaction score
Just to show how good VZW network is....

This past summer, I took a backpacking trip to Mt. Rogers in Virginia. Three days into the mountains I feel my backpack vibrating. My phone must have turned itself on, but it started receiving emails and text messages, and on our lunch break I got a call from my dad. Out in the middle of nowhere!

ldimick

Reaction score
The iPhone is a great appliance. The Droid is a mini computer. The iPhone is a TV dinner. The Droid is a fully stocked pantry.