1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

iPhone 4 vs Droid X on VZW Network: Who Wins?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Akbad Tokimano, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Akbad Tokimano

Akbad Tokimano New Member

Somebody got the impression that Verizon needed the iPhone on it's network to compete. Yeah, that was funny. The fact is, the iPhone isn't on the Verizon network, nor, do I think, they really need the iPhone any longer, to compete. Verizon is the home of Google's DROID Family, headed by the new Droid X.

Most of you know a lot about these two devices and have a general idea... Phone 4 vs Droid X on VZW Network: Who Wins?

You know...
    Faster - Stronger - Better!
  2. hiphopvenom

hiphopvenom New Member

These threads are getting old..
  3. bje1982

bje1982 New Member

Doesn't matter because the iPhone is a Droid follower,all the latest iPhone 4 features (except for the video calling) are features I already had on my Droid.
  4. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Smartphones are not one-size-fits-all. There's no "winner" -- only picking which device suits you best.

"Getting"? They were old and tired long, long ago.
    [​IMG]

Having similar features doesn't make the iPhone 4 a "Droid follower". They're designed for very different niches.
  5. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

That's right Takeshi. Those niches filled by the iPhone 4 are for the image sensitive metro-sexuals who favor form over function and don't mind paying a monthly fee for a PMP. Me? I like to make phone calls too so I use a Droid. dancedroid
  6. Googleaddict

Googleaddict New Member

X. Nuff said
  7. garrett

garrett Beta Team Theme Developer Developer

to be quite honest if the iPhone came to Verizon it would outsell every android phone Verizon has ever sold within a week(or less).

most people want a powerful device that can do just about everything but is still simple to use and very reliable. Apple has all that nailed down quite well.

not to mention apple also has the best app developers out there......
  8. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Again, we have to disagree. Though I'm somewhat flattered to be characterized as a potential metro-sexual. Here in my Seattle suburb (hardly the boonies) AT&T (and Sprint and T-Mobile) outperform Verizon on both voice and data coverage.

And once again I'll note that there are many thousands of apps that are purely "functional" that exist for the iPhone and do not exist for android devices.

In short, such broad generalizations are simply untrue.
  9. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

WOW. A metro-sexual curmudgeon... who would have thought someone like this to exist!? A rare find indeed and definitely not deserving of being classified with the other image sensitive metro-sexuals. :)
  10. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

come on man no need for trolling

youre on a DROID forum - what do u think people will say
  11. gsDroid

gsDroid New Member

Nailed down quite well. One totally closed litter box, one vision, one man, one carrier, one handset, and a singular lack of choice and freedom. (paraphrasing sentiments expressed by google & others)