htc vs motorola

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by c0pterone, Mar 11, 2011.

1. c0pterone

c0pterone New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    15 months ago i switched from at&t (iphone) to verizon (motorola droid) The iphone was very smooth, with that said, hear's my question. Because my motorola droid lags alot and is somewhat slow, i'm thinking of getting the htc thunderbolt vs the motorola bionic. I just don't know about motorola anymore. When it comes to smooth, is htc better then motorola.

2. Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Depends if ur planing to root or not?

Is ur OG rooted?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

3. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    the atrix had a lot of software crap that IMO id seriously stay away from. Like they removed the ability to install third party apps. How can you install the Amazon app store or any other thing like that? You cant. :( I know your talking about the bionic but i cant really tell you much about that... Id go Htc or one of the other dual cores. LG Revolution looks pretty sweet.

4. patfactorx

patfactorx Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Motorola has the best build quality IMO. My friends have HTC phones but nothing like my old D1 or D2G.

I need a good speaker on my phone and Motorola kills the competition.

5. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    What do you need explained? IMO Moto has better hardware and they really do make it good. Their software though kills. Blur is ick and they lock it tight. Bloatware some of which is unstallable and not installing third party apps. The bootloader is heavy encrypted.

HTC has IMO a cheaper feeling phone but Sense is just all around the better than any other UI. They are easier to hack than Motos bootloader.
    In a nutshell
    Moto Hardware>Htc
    Htc softare>Moto
    Take your pick. :)

6. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Silver Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Lag is a problem with the Android OS in general. I don't think that it makes the phone hard to use, and at most times it is very minimal, but the iPhone is much smoother in this regard.

It isn't a Motorola or HTC thing, although bloat from a manufacturer can make the inherent lagginess of Android even worse...

7. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The hardware is much great with Motorola; no competition. The Sense UI on HTC phones are great, but the new Blur on the Bionic is greatly improved.

Sent from my Droid

8. spillner

spillner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    HTC seems to runner smoother IMO. I have the original Droid and I feel your pain with the lag (which is why I'm rooted now). The 2 big phones that my friends have are the EVO and the Incredible and both run very well. My next phone will not be a Moto, I played with the D2 and X at the store and was completely underwhelmed by their performance, especially when they're sporting 1gig processors.

I will say though that the build quality is superior with Moto.

9. ViolentSage

ViolentSage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm jumping on the same platform as everyone else here. I had a Motorola Q9m as my first and previous smartphone. The windows mobile killed it but the phone itself was almost indestructible. I got the OG Droid about 15 months ago and only rooted it in January. The bootloader is a serious concern because after playing around with my Droid I can't go back to a stock phone. So if you're looking to root and hack, go with HTC, but if you want a durable, long lasting, hearty phone go with Motorola.

from beyond the rabbit hole

10. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The reason the droid has lag is because of its lack of ram, it only has 256 with roughly only 126 for apps to use, and that runs out very quickly which causes the lag. Any new phone with more ram should be able to run with a lot less lag, personally the phone I want is the bionic, hdmi out dual core ffc and more its great and looks a lot better then the thunderbolt which is already outdated in my opinion. And many of the posts in here are misinformed, motorola does allow the installing of 3rd party apps atnt does NOT, we do not know if the bionic will have a locked bootloader or an unlockable one like the xoom yet, and the og droid does NOT have a locked bootloader. I will say I like htc sense more than blur, but I can't live with crappy htc build quality or with outdated specs. Hope all that helps.

11. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Silver Member

Ratings:
    +280
    It is more than that, as the Xoom and just about every Android device on the market, has lag. It has more to do with how it processes and accelerates video than memory.

12. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry, was just going off what I know, and it was my assumption it had more to do with ram.