iPhone 4 vs Droid X on VZW Network: Who Wins?

Reaction score
Somebody got the impression that Verizon needed the iPhone on it's network to compete. Yeah, that was funny. The fact is, the iPhone isn't on the Verizon network, nor, do I think, they really need the iPhone any longer, to compete. Verizon is the home of Google's DROID Family, headed by the new Droid X.

Most of you know a lot about these two devices and have a general idea... Phone 4 vs Droid X on VZW Network: Who Wins?

You know...
Faster - Stronger - Better!

bje1982

Reaction score
Doesn't matter because the iPhone is a Droid follower,all the latest iPhone 4 features (except for the video calling) are features I already had on my Droid.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most of you know a lot about these two devices and have a general idea... Phone 4 vs Droid X on VZW Network: Who Wins?
Smartphones are not one-size-fits-all. There's no "winner" -- only picking which device suits you best.

These threads are getting old..
"Getting"? They were old and tired long, long ago.
deadhorse.gif

Doesn't matter because the iPhone is a Droid follower,all the latest iPhone 4 features (except for the video calling) are features I already had on my Droid.
Having similar features doesn't make the iPhone 4 a "Droid follower". They're designed for very different niches.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Smartphones are not one-size-fits-all. There's no "winner" -- only picking which device suits you best.

These threads are getting old..
deadhorse.gif

Having similar features doesn't make the iPhone 4 a "Droid follower". They're designed for very different niches.

That's right Takeshi. Those niches filled by the iPhone 4 are for the image sensitive metro-sexuals who favor form over function and don't mind paying a monthly fee for a PMP. Me? I like to make phone calls too so I use a Droid. dancedroid

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
to be quite honest if the iPhone came to Verizon it would outsell every android phone Verizon has ever sold within a week(or less).

most people want a powerful device that can do just about everything but is still simple to use and very reliable. Apple has all that nailed down quite well.

not to mention apple also has the best app developers out there......

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

deadhorse.gif

That's right Takeshi. Those niches filled by the iPhone 4 are for the image sensitive metro-sexuals who favor form over function and don't mind paying a monthly fee for a PMP. Me? I like to make phone calls too so I use a Droid. dancedroid

Again, we have to disagree. Though I'm somewhat flattered to be characterized as a potential metro-sexual. Here in my Seattle suburb (hardly the boonies) AT&T (and Sprint and T-Mobile) outperform Verizon on both voice and data coverage.

And once again I'll note that there are many thousands of apps that are purely "functional" that exist for the iPhone and do not exist for android devices.

In short, such broad generalizations are simply untrue.

Darkseider

Reaction score

deadhorse.gif

Again, we have to disagree. Though I'm somewhat flattered to be characterized as a potential metro-sexual. Here in my Seattle suburb (hardly the boonies) AT&T (and Sprint and T-Mobile) outperform Verizon on both voice and data coverage.

And once again I'll note that there are many thousands of apps that are purely "functional" that exist for the iPhone and do not exist for android devices.

In short, such broad generalizations are simply untrue.

WOW. A metro-sexual curmudgeon... who would have thought someone like this to exist!? A rare find indeed and definitely not deserving of being classified with the other image sensitive metro-sexuals. :)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
come on man no need for trolling

youre on a DROID forum - what do u think people will say

gsDroid

Reaction score
to be quite honest if the iPhone came to Verizon it would outsell every android phone Verizon has ever sold within a week(or less).

most people want a powerful device that can do just about everything but is still simple to use and very reliable. Apple has all that nailed down quite well.

Nailed down quite well. One totally closed litter box, one vision, one man, one carrier, one handset, and a singular lack of choice and freedom. (paraphrasing sentiments expressed by google & others)