Droid Turbo Might Have a 3,900 mAh Battery

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-battery-3900mah.jpg

If the latest intel from Motorola is accurate, the new Droid Turbo may have the most phenomenal battery life of any Android yet made. Supposedly, the new the above leaked pic is the battery which will arrive in the Droid Turbo, and it's a whopper! The battery clocks in at 3,900 mAh, which is even larger than the 3,500 mAh battery seen in the Droid MAXX!

If true, this means the Droid Turbo will not only be a new Droid flagship, it could also be a merging of all of the Droid products. In the past Motorola separated out their Droids by including the MAXX version as a separate product. This time it appears they have done away with that sneaky marketing ploy and will just offer one, "all-in-one" superior flagship model.

Other than the lack of a microSD slot, every day it seems the news gets better and better for the Droid Turbo!

Here's our Droid Turbo section for more discussions: Motorola Droid Turbo Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Source: Engadget

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I may have to consider this one if it ever reaches SE Asia..

Briankbl

Reaction score
It's going to be an $800-$1000 phone off contract. For those of us with Verizon Unlimited Data, that's an insane price to pay imo. I just bought a OnePlus One, fantastic specs, for $349 off contract. True, I have to carry two phones around - one for hotspot (unlimited data FTW) - but it's worth it lol.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually... rumors suggest it will be $724, but that is still a pretty high price.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm still hoping that the rumors about a 4-500$ price tag, will hold true... Not holding my breath... But I'm hoping..

Briankbl

Reaction score
I'm still hoping that the rumors about a 4-500$ price tag, will hold true... Not holding my breath... But I'm hoping..
There's no reason they COULDN'T price it that low. Look at the OnePlus One! Huge specs for $350.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
We can only hope but I'm thinking it will be closer to a 6 hundred dollar price point. You have to remember, the One+One came from an unknown manufacturer and besides offering great specs they needed to stand out from the pack by making it crazy appealing price wise. Had they released the 1+1 at 6 hundred, I don't think it would have sold as well.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
We can only hope but I'm thinking it will be closer to a 6 hundred dollar price point. You have to remember, the One+One came from an unknown manufacturer and besides offering great specs they needed to stand out from the pack by making it crazy appealing price wise. Had they released the 1+1 at 6 hundred, I don't think it would have sold as well.

S5 tap'n

Yeah, $600 is my guess too.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
$600 for 16gigs - $700 for 32gigs.
sent from my XT1080 using tapatrash

This is where I was thinking they would fall.

I'm thinking more like 650 for 16gb and 700 for 32gb.

This would be expected for the 32GB but then who would go 16GB for only $50 savings?