Droid RAZR Officially Hits the Streets Today at 11:11am

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-razr-released.JPG

The Droid RAZR will be available for purchase today at 11:11am. Of course, we have shared that story with you twice already. Still, the official launch from Verizon is here, and we should at least post it. The link that goes with the picture above is for you to get it through Verizon. Of course, previously we let you know that your best deal to get the phone is over at Amazon. They have it for $111.11 on a new contract, or $249.99 on a renewal contract, which is much cheaper than VZW.

Update: Here's a second cool promo video for the RAZR below, although I like the one that Wicked found more:

[video=youtube;4n9lRFEohok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4n9lRFEohok[/video]​

Source: Verizon Wireless

Last edited:

hatchin

Reaction score
Its actually $249 with a renew on a contract today.

Rhino413

Reaction score
played with this at the Verizon wireless store and yeah its fast and yeah it has a nice screen. but over all it feels ODD doesn't sit in the had well and is kinda ugly. I have a droid X2 and they say the screens are the same 4.3 inch size but the razr just feels wider and really not as comfortable in the hand. But hey enjoy to all who buy one its just not for me

pandabear

Reaction score
I picked mine up today at Costco, its easily the best Android phone I've ever had in my hands!

switch311

Reaction score
Really want the phone it looks amazing... this or the galaxy nexus is a tough choice...

There is already a drop test on youtube too

[video=youtube;rcBhhqoqAsQ]http://youtu.be/rcBhhqoqAsQ[/video]

bullswife98

Reaction score
Really want the phone it looks amazing... this or the galaxy nexus is a tough choice...

There is already a drop test on youtube too

[video=youtube;rcBhhqoqAsQ]http://youtu.be/rcBhhqoqAsQ[/video]

Great info but kinda painful to watch

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

TheOldFart

Reaction score
In CA, you have to pay the full value of the product for sales tax, not on the 250...... I hate CA, can't wait to move out.

Isn't it like that with vehicles too? If the car has a $20,000 sticker and you have a $10,000 trade, you pay sales tax on the full sticker price? Seems like I saw that somewhere. In NY and PA at least, you only pay sales tax on the $10,000 difference.

sb1831

Reaction score
Hope everyone getting a new one is taking advantage of the double your data plan for free they have going on.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....so much for gorilla glass :).

I've been of the inclination not to get a cover, even dropped my D1 a few times on pavement almost entirely unscathed. So from the video, looks like they can survive a waste high drop (probably less than 100% though), but shoulder height is a no go. I'm not sure what's more realistic, maybe somewhere in between. Plus, what would it rate if you grab your phone and it goes flying out of your hand?

anyway, I probably roll the dice naked.

switch311

Reaction score
Hmmm....so much for gorilla glass :).

I've been of the inclination not to get a cover, even dropped my D1 a few times on pavement almost entirely unscathed. So from the video, looks like they can survive a waste high drop (probably less than 100% though), but shoulder height is a no go. I'm not sure what's more realistic, maybe somewhere in between. Plus, what would it rate if you grab your phone and it goes flying out of your hand?

anyway, I probably roll the dice naked.

yeah it looks way better naked so I would probably roll the dice too