Droid RAZR Release Date Confirmed by Verizon: November 11th at 11:11am

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid-Razr-alt-full.jpg
Apparently, all the previous rumors suggesting that the Droid RAZR would be coming on November 10th turned out to be false, and the other rumor stating it would come out the day after is accurate. Verizon has confirmed "behind-the-scenes" that the release date of the Droid RAZR will be on November 11th at 11:11am. This may be a day later than we expected, but it does match up with what their DroidDoes marketing suggested. This wasn't from any official announcement from VZW; however, it is a second independent report corroborating other sources, so it looks very solid.

Source: Engadget

xCaldazar

Reaction score
Hopefully I can stop by and look at the display model tomorrow. Waiting to get my hands on the GNex to make a decision though. Unless this one somehow just blows me away.

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
Interesting given the ad's that started last week saying 11-11-11 for launch of the Razor. Not sure how many I saw this weekend.

KodiakEd

Reaction score
Interesting given the ad's that started last week saying 11-11-11 for launch of the Razor. Not sure how many I saw this weekend.

Agree, I saw the commercial (with 11-11-11 at the end) numerous times over the weekend during football games.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The 10th would have made more sense according to VZW's normal release schedule (it seems they like to release devices on Thursdays).

However, I am sure the "11-11-11 at 11:11:11" was way too good marketing to pass up.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wish this phone didn't look so beautiful. The decision would be much easier to make. Although, since just reading an article stating that android devices are rendered obsolete before their 2 year contract is up, given that they don't get updates, makes me lean more towards the Nexus.

Why Amazon doesn't scare Apple - CNN.com

Sweettooth

Reaction score
You can go pick up a RAZR and catch the 12:30 showing of the Immortals (it comes out on the same day ;) )!

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Yeah was gonna say I saw this commercial like Tuesday of last week and being it was a officialy VZW commercial I kinda figured this date was concrete and the 10th was a rumor.

Sent from my Moto Droid