Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

RazorbackFan

Reaction score
As myself and others have stated, it really comes down to personal preference. The GS3 is a good phone in its own right, but I had the GS3 for a little over 2 weeks and was constantly scared of breaking it, both in hand and by dropping it. I did have a case on it which made it significantly larger but still had a fear of the device breaking for some reason. The Razr Maxx HD is so solid. It does feel a bit more bulky but for me, a sturdy feeling phone was more important so thats one of the reasons I switched to the Razr Maxx HD from the GS3. If build and an industrial feel is your thing, then the Razr Maxx HD or Razr HD is the phone for you. If you like the thin, colorful, flashy type of device-which is all good-then the GS3 is probably better for you. They are both GREAT devices, just comes down to which one "feels" better for YOU. I absolutely LOVE my Razr Maxx HD and would not have any other phone.

Reaction score
RazorbackFan said:
As myself and others have stated, it really comes down to personal preference. The GS3 is a good phone in its own right, but I had the GS3 for a little over 2 weeks and was constantly scared of breaking it, both in hand and by dropping it. I did have a case on it which made it significantly larger but still had a fear of the device breaking for some reason. The Razr Maxx HD is so solid. It does feel a bit more bulky but for me, a sturdy feeling phone was more important so thats one of the reasons I switched to the Razr Maxx HD from the GS3. If build and an industrial feel is your thing, then the Razr Maxx HD or Razr HD is the phone for you. If you like the thin, colorful, flashy type of device-which is all good-then the GS3 is probably better for you. They are both GREAT devices, just comes down to which one "feels" better for YOU. I absolutely LOVE my Razr Maxx HD and would not have any other phone.

I had the GS3 for about a week and a half and ended up exchanging it for the Maxx HD because it kept dropping calls and had a very weak signal in areas that my Droid Bionic had no issue grabbing a signal. So far I'm loving my Maxx HD and I think I prefer the Motorola interface to Samsung's. Just wish they would fix FoxFi to work with it. Had my Bionic rooted to use the mobile hotspots and then ended up bricking it trying to unroot the 4ever root and push the ICS update, so I'm hesitant to root this phone.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I had the GS3 for about a week and a half and ended up exchanging it for the Maxx HD because it kept dropping calls and had a very weak signal in areas that my Droid Bionic had no issue grabbing a signal. So far I'm loving my Maxx HD and I think I prefer the Motorola interface to Samsung's. Just wish they would fix FoxFi to work with it. Had my Bionic rooted to use the mobile hotspots and then ended up bricking it trying to unroot the 4ever root and push the ICS update, so I'm hesitant to root this phone.

Do you have unlimited data? If you do not you can just use the built in hotspot app.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Im familiar the laws overseas but im sure someone will come along and help you out. :)
What carrier are you planning to use?

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Sumanji

Reaction score
T-Mobile probably - I just want to know if the hotspot functionality will work whilst roaming...

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
If your carrier in the UK has a roaming agreement with Verizon I'm sure there wouldn't be an issue.
The roaming fee I would inquire with your carrier.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
So we are all on the same page.
Do you want to create a hotspot to power your laptop or what not or just use wifi like at Starbucks?