Droid Possessed

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by beerman1373, Nov 6, 2010.

1. moset

moset Member

How do you reset sensors?. I have an app called phone tester that shows their state but no reset.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    I've done this a couple of times and each time it reset the exact same problem you're describing. Mine showed up after mowing the lawn with the phone in my back pocket and listening to music. Lots of movement, lots of heat, very close quarters -- consider it a torture test for the Droid. :D

Power the phone down. I mean off -- pull the battery if you want to. Make sure it's totally dead, so don't plug it in or anything. Now, put your finger over the ear speaker, totally covering the top of the phone's face from side to side. This part is probably unneeded as I'm sure the sensor is on one side or the other, but this makes sure you have everything covered. Now power the phone back up, keeping your finger across the top of the phone like that till the phone finishes booting to the lock screen.

If this doesn't solve the issue you have a digitizer issue and probably have to have the screen replaced -- $60 plus cost of the screen itself if you can find someone (that was what someone was quoted at a mall kiosk) to do it for you, or a tricky PITA to do yourself, if it's even possible without training and specialized tools -- or take it back to Verizon/file an insurance claim.
  3. beerman1373

beerman1373 New Member

4. beerman1373

beerman1373 New Member

Furbearingmammals ( Love the name! ) fix got me to thinking. When the Phone starts going wacky i hold my finger over the top left of the screen next to the Ear Speaker and it stops. I let go and no issue for a while. While Stopped i hold my finger back on the same spot and Weeeeeeeeeee, it starts going crazy again:icon_eek:. This would make me think it has to be hardware is bunk
  5. furbearingmammal

If the reset doesn't work then you've got a good prox sensor but a failing digitizer (touch screen). That's a trip/call to Verizon/Motorola.
  6. moset

moset Member

Well, I got the referb and it seems to be working fine EXCEPT I can't slide the notification bar. I hit menu and notification and it pulls down. Also the screen is way loose from the slide our keyboard. They are shipping another. Be here tomorrow . Reset had no effect. Test phone shows all sensors working fine. Let's see what I get next.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  7. furbearingmammal

At this rate an Eris with a scratched screen, an Ally with a keyboard composed of broken M&Ms, and a DX with a picture of Dick Chaney as the wallpaper.

;)
  8. Jud

Jud New Member

I also had this problem. I just got a refurbished phone. Is there any good way to get back all you free apps automatically? this sucks because the rep at the Verizon store did a factory reset and reverted my phone back to when it was brand new. Now I have to try and reminder what apps I had on my phone. Also is there a program out there that will backup or restore your phone including calls & text messages as well as apps & Settings. I do not want to go through this again.

Thanks
  9. furbearingmammal

Make sure all your data is backed up with Google. Look under the privacy settings for the appropriate checkbox. :)

They'll download automatically, but only if you're syncing an only if you had them backed up with Google first.
  10. Jud

Jud New Member

The only thing that it remembers is my contacts & my paid apps should it remember more
  11. furbearingmammal

Your free apps should download automatically. If they don't then something got messed up and you'll have to get them again.
  12. willskith

willskith New Member

I was having this problem, it was intermittent and usually happened after the phone had been in my pocket for a while. Sometimes it would happen for no reason and nothing would fix it (hard reset, removing the battery, cleaning the screen... nothing). I have multiple batteries and had been using an OEM one I got online. When I put the original battery that came with the phone back in the problem disappeared entirely and I haven't experienced it since.
Search tags for this page
android phone possessed
android rabdom clicking

android random clicking

droid 2 is possessed

droid 2 random clicking

incredble 2 posessed
motorola screen possessed
original droid seems possessed