Yesterday - POSSESSED DROID

Steve H

Reaction score
Yesterday my DROID became possessed!!!!!!!!!!!! First, the screen dial pad would not respond to touching every number. Turned phone off then on and numbers worked for a minute or so. Next, did a battery pull, same results as turning off and on..............Next call tech service. While I'm on the phone (land line) with them the Droid starts to scroll thru my contacts list, stopped at one contact and went into "edit contact mode" typing a bunch of x's, j's & n's. Time for factory reset. Took it all the way back to factory stock, no apps & no widgets. It worked fine till I got off the phone with the tech service guy. Then it started going thru my contact list again also when I touched the 8 I got a 7, 1 did not respond and 9 would not respond. All of this was very intermittent. The only fix was the factory warranty...............

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my DROID became possessed!!!!!!!!!!!! First, the screen dial pad would not respond to touching every number. Turned phone off then on and numbers worked for a minute or so. Next, did a battery pull, same results as turning off and on..............Next call tech service. While I'm on the phone (land line) with them the Droid starts to scroll thru my contacts list, stopped at one contact and went into "edit contact mode" typing a bunch of x's, j's & n's. Time for factory reset. Took it all the way back to factory stock, no apps & no widgets. It worked fine till I got off the phone with the tech service guy. Then it started going thru my contact list again also when I touched the 8 I got a 7, 1 did not respond and 9 would not respond. All of this was very intermittent. The only fix was the factory warranty...............

This may come as a surprise to you but we have quite a few threads about "possessed Droids." ;) Hopefully you'll get a replacement that doesn't act up on you, sounds like you did everything you could.