Time to take my Droid to the target range

Steve H

Reaction score
I have heard about possessed Droids but never have I seen one like mine. It sent email's out on it's own, played music on it's own and tried to edit my contacts. I tried to do a factory reset and that won't fly either, now it keeps dialing #'s 1, 7, 4 and the * symbol. Verizon tech didn't believe me so I had to go through the store manager to get a replacement going. I'm tellin' ya it POSSESSED!!!!!

This is all since 2.2 hit my phone

Last edited:

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I know some things are covered, but I don't remember reading anywhere that bullet holes are covered. :)
Might get you a bill for full cost even though the initial return was for a valid problem.

Now, if you shoot it up, then post video of it still working and actually have signal strength, I would post that to the iPhone forums. LOL

keiichi25

Reaction score
Besides, you don't use a gun on possessed things. You are suppose to use Holy Water and old Priests.

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
If I shoot it with a silver bullet do you think that would get rid of them?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Besides, you don't use a gun on possessed things. You are suppose to use Holy Water and old Priests.

I don't think you need Holy Water for a possessed Droid. Dropping it in the toilet will do. :p

To the OP, have you done a battery pull? Was the update OTA? If so, maybe you can go to the "Circus" thread and install the 79mb file.

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score

I don't think you need Holy Water for a possessed Droid. Dropping it in the toilet will do. :p

To the OP, have you done a battery pull?

Several battery pulls. One from midnight last night to about 6:00 this morning. A couple of hours after I turned the phone back on it froze up. Did another battery pull and within 10 minutes it was sending emails on it's own. Here is the text of the email.........CD x drx xrdxx xxd xxrr CD. DD rr4 xxCC

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That sounds like a proximity sensor/transistor issue. Try installing the file aaf709 suggested and see if that fixes things. If not, try cleaning your screen (with the phone powered off) with a light mist of glass cleaner. If that still doesn't work, you could either take it back and demand a replacement or try rooting and seeing if another ROM or a rollback to 2.1 would fix it. If you try the last, don't despair, just backup all your data, wipe the phone clean, and then take it in.

crspang

Reaction score
In a fair amount of cases these problems are caused by moisture entering from the ear piece.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
In a fair amount of cases these problems are caused by moisture entering from the ear piece.
That would make sense with my having this issue while doing yardwork. However, doing the sensor reset finger trick always worked for me.

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score

Now you don't think that when I'm on a fire any moisture would get near me do you? Actually I haven't had the phone on a fire in about two weeks.

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
That sounds like a proximity sensor/transistor issue. Try installing the file aaf709 suggested and see if that fixes things. If not, try cleaning your screen (with the phone powered off) with a light mist of glass cleaner. If that still doesn't work, you could either take it back and demand a replacement or try rooting and seeing if another ROM or a rollback to 2.1 would fix it. If you try the last, don't despair, just backup all your data, wipe the phone clean, and then take it in.

As it is right now I cannot turn the phone on without it going crazy. It will not even let me do a factory reset. As soon as it goes on it starts pushing it's own buttons.....