4th Droid with same problem

slosho

Reaction score
Today, my 4th Droid (in 14 months) became possessed. The strange thing that I noticed is that all 4 possessed Droids have a strange thing in common. Each one would start entering numbers on it's own, while the phone was sitting untouched, and each one would enter the numbers 1,4, & 7. No other numbers. Also each possessed Droid would make random calls while they were untouched. Seems awful strange that 4 phones would develop the same strange behavior.

I gave up on the original Droid and this afternoon got a Droid X.

Yeah, I've heard of this issue quite a bit. Most of the time it seems to be from using an incorrect charger, however my brother is also having this issue as well and he is charging with the original charger.

So if it isn't a charger more then likely it's a rogue app. What did you do to try to figure out what the problem was before blaming the phone?

I have three different chargers that I used for the old Droids. 2 Motorola AC chargers and 1 Motorola DC. On each phone, after it became possessed, I tried a battery pull and then a total reset. Neither helped............ the reset was both, the one in the settings menu and the one where you had to push a strange sequence of buttons. Also the phones would "wake up" in the middle of the night while on the charger and start dialing from my contacts list.

My last X did this very thing.. I got another, and just rooted it too (z4root) I agree that is must be an app. perhaps we should list the apps we have installed ourselves. perhaps it's related to the root it's self?
I would have to say of all the apps I have Hoccer would be the most suspect, just based on the way it works.

What my phone did (1st X) was say that someone was calling me, while calling them at the same time... now phone 2 just did this too, only there was a new twist... it said a lan line was calling me(my dad) at the same time while I was on the phone with my gf.. however it said he was calling her too.. in essence spoofing his #...

also to speak on the charger issue.. I have only used the OEM cable on a computer, so that pretty much rules that out.

any help is appreciated

Mikejl

Reaction score
also to speak on the charger issue.. I have only used the OEM cable on a computer, so that pretty much rules that out.
any help is appreciated
You can't rule out the the charger cable just because just because it is new or OEM. OEM cables can be received bad or wear out like any other.

I have my OEM charger cable that is good enough to transfer files back and forth from my droid to laptop, but will no longer work for my Ubuntu VM on my laptop to see my Droid is connected. Took me a while to figure the problem out. Used a different usb charging cable at work and instant recognition in the VM.

I couldn't tell from your post if your problems only happen while charging or not. If not that is really unusual.

Mike

slosho

Reaction score
any help is appreciated
You can't rule out the the charger cable just because just because it is new or OEM. OEM cables can be received bad or wear out like any other.

I have my OEM charger cable that is good enough to transfer files back and forth from my droid to laptop, but will no longer work for my Ubuntu VM on my laptop to see my Droid is connected. Took me a while to figure the problem out. Used a different usb charging cable at work and instant recognition in the VM.

I couldn't tell from your post if your problems only happen while charging or not. If not that is really unusual.

Mike

Well until the most recent time (new phone), they all happened while free from a charger.... (old phone)

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Today, my 4th Droid (in 14 months) became possessed. The strange thing that I noticed is that all 4 possessed Droids have a strange thing in common. Each one would start entering numbers on it's own, while the phone was sitting untouched, and each one would enter the numbers 1,4, & 7. No other numbers. Also each possessed Droid would make random calls while they were untouched. Seems awful strange that 4 phones would develop the same strange behavior.

I gave up on the original Droid and this afternoon got a Droid X.

This is exactly what happens when a keyboard suffers water/liquid damage. Are you getting the keyboard wet somehow?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk