Droid is possessed

sapphiresky

Reaction score
My Droid is possessed and does things all by itself. For example, I was talking on it when it went dead, took the phone away from my ear and it was dialing a number. I never touched the screen and it dc'd my call and did this on it's own. What is wrong? It does a lot more strange stuff then this too. It will redial and give me messages. I get a message wanting me to add to already existing contact list. Numbers I don't call. Not like it is hitting on last dialed call either. Just a random number. I have hated this phone since day one and it is getting worse and weirder things are happening to it. I have had ot for abourt 2 mos now. I would first suggest anyone with long nails not even bother with this one. You can't touch it with your nail to get it to work. They should have told us that when we bought it. Very DIFFICULT wen trying to do anything.:icon_evil:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yes, the nail issue is a problem with capacitive touch screens. However, I'm guessing you have long hair. I'm a guy and I have long hair so I have the same problem. Easy fix -- make sure, absolutely 100% completely sure, that you have your hair behind your ear and not between the phone and your ear. It's a pain in the butt sometimes but the proximity sensor doesn't like anything between it and your ear, otherwise the screen comes on and you start ear-dialing. :)

OP
S

sapphiresky

Reaction score
hair and nails

lol.. Yes I do have long hair and it makes sense to me now.. never though of a phone ear dialing, but I guess it is possible.. it was really strange..thanks for the input..and I am not cutting my hair so the phone will stop the madness.. lol :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Me either. I have longer hair than, well, everyone I know, so it's staying. At least till it's a little longer so I can donate it to Locks of Love.

I have to keep my phone pressed firmly against my ear or I start cheek/ear-dialing. :) So I feel your pain. I actually bought a blue-tooth headset to help with it and to keep from getting tickets while I drive. If you can find a decent one for about $20 it's probably worth it. ;)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Me either. I have longer hair than, well, everyone I know, so it's staying. At least till it's a little longer so I can donate it to Locks of Love.

I have to keep my phone pressed firmly against my ear or I start cheek/ear-dialing. :) So I feel your pain. I actually bought a blue-tooth headset to help with it and to keep from getting tickets while I drive. If you can find a decent one for about $20 it's probably worth it. ;)

I commend you for donating fbm. I did that last year with about fifteen inches.

Anyway, thread jack over and out.

tappin and a talkin