Droid Bionic? Maybe not...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only time I ran into a verizon guy who knew anything near what I knew was at Costco strangely enough. We talked about rooting and the bionic, this was way back, he was telling me the Bionic got pushed back until Mid June and this was April I believe.

Heh, I forget how long I've actually waited for the Bionic.

Lanops

Reaction score
Lol so true. Most people at their stores are always very nice but really have no knowledge of their products. I have yet to find a Rep yet besides the actual in store techs that know much about their equipment.

I love going into the stores and stumping the employees who sell products. Especially in best buy computer department. Lol its so funny to hear them all talk like they know what they r talking about. Sometimes I just stand real close to them and their customers and let out a small light chuckle when they BS the customer.

When I was shopping for the charge, I asked some easy questions about the phone and the Rep that was helping me, actually walked off and had to get his manager. Then the manager didn't even know the answers. But the good news, they were honest in saying they didn't know, but would try to get the answer. This was in 2 Verizon stores.

I feel the reps should be more informed on the products they sell. Besides helping others to buy phones, what better to do all day in a Verizon store than to play with phones and get info on their products! They got nothing but time all day.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
So it sounds like the SGII will have 4G on verizon....I m all in on this now, hopefully an august release is still looming.

Renae

Reaction score
I love going into the stores and stumping the employees who sell products. Especially in best buy computer department. Lol its so funny to hear them all talk like they know what they r talking about.

Ohhhhh I love this game too. Sometimes best buy is the closest place to get something you need and that is when the fun starts.

I went to verizon to get my dad a new phone, I asked her a ton of questions and was chatting with her, I was trying to explain things to my dad and she said "you are doing my job this is great, ill just go walk over there, let me know what phone you sell him" and said we were the easiest and best customers ever. I should have kept her card, she told me to text her for bionic news.....and I also found out she was easily bribed with captain morgan!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
a week to go and no solid info... this is crazy

Oaklands

Reaction score
Is the 4g on SG2 confirmed or rumored. Looking at specs, it makes me tempted to give it a serious look over vs. the Bionic.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the 4g on SG2 confirmed or rumored. Looking at specs, it makes me tempted to give it a serious look over vs. the Bionic.

Still rumored... I've been fairly consistent in leaning towards the bionic until I finally decided to take a look at the GSII specs on the Samsung website... after perusing the site for 10 or 15 minutes I found myself thinking I could really get into this phone... but what I then realized is that it wasn't the specs that really drew me in, but it was the fact that I had something to base my opinion on and had something to visualize myself using. Just seemed like somewhat of an interesting psychology exercise.

GBH2

Reaction score

Is the SG2 for Verizon going to be Tegra 2 or Exynos? If Tegra 2, I wouldn't even consider the SG2.

Reaction score
I love going into the stores and stumping the employees who sell products. Especially in best buy computer department. Lol its so funny to hear them all talk like they know what they r talking about.

...and I also found out she was easily bribed with captain morgan!

Arent we all?

Sent from my Droid Bionic using DroidForums

OP
B

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
the 4g on the sg2 is not confirmed and I dnt think its going to be a 4g device at least not on Verizon. which kinda makes it a no go for me. if the bionic had came out in July then I def would have upgraded then but now with all that waiting (possibly even till September) I've basically given up on it. unless it completely blows my mind when a hands on video finally comes out I think im goin to just wait for the nexus prime. SUPER AMOLED HD here I come!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
If the SGS2 has LTE, then why get the Bionic? Like many others, I'm just dyin for a dual core/LTE phone.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

No. If a Version of it does come out LTE, look forward for a release of late 4th Q. The LTE radio is just to big for the phone they would have to change the form of the phone.

bplewis24

Reaction score
So it sounds like the SGII will have 4G on verizon....

Or not.

Is the SG2 for Verizon going to be Tegra 2 or Exynos? If Tegra 2, I wouldn't even consider the SG2.

We don't know yet. Initially it was rumored that only the UK and US would get the Exynos version, but then that version showed up in other countries outside of the UK. So where is the Tegra2 version? Not sure...but there's at least a possibility of it (unfortunately) showing up here.

If the SGS2 has LTE, then why get the Bionic?

In that case, the difference could come down to LTE radio differences, screen (resolution & technology differences), LED notification light, user-interface (touchwiz vs blur), and last but not least....bootloaders.

Dev support could mean a lot to folks here.

Brandon