Giving in and buying the Atrix tmw, instead of a Bionic. Convince me otherwise?

Sogge

Reaction score
If you waited (X) amount of months one or two more shouldn't hurt. I almost pulled the trigger on a thunderbolt, twice. but decided just might as well wait since its a two year marriage.

Bmitchell1876

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is a Droid forum, but if you really really a phone what's wrong with the Thunderbolt?? As far as I can tell its a Droid X...

Did I just sin? haha

Secretly Swyping from Gingerbread Droid X on the Night Shift .... Shhhh

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Dual core is superior.. We talk about how the OS and apps are not optimized but it seems the processors share the load at least somewhat. Man, I want one!

Reaction score
I'm more worried about screen Res... that doesn't seem low on the bionic?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dean.collins

Reaction score
I suppose it would be a little easier to wait if the Bionic had a release date.. The Thunderbolt on a one year plan would be a pretty good deal. That phone is pretty sweet and I'm sure it will do everything needed for the next 10 months.

Better get that TBolt by next weekend then if that is your plan....

yep this is BS that verizon are cencelling their one year plans.

the manager at brooklyn heights got all *****y when i said it was a crappy thing for verizon to do.

First she tried to say that she didnt know when it was happening but when i stated that the 17th of april next sunday is the last day for 1 year contracts she said well if thats what you've been told then i guess so.

I'm almost tempted to buy a sprint atrix (yeh it will be called soemthing else) just to say FU to verizon.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Ok, I know this is a Droid forum, but if you really really a phone what's wrong with the Thunderbolt?? As far as I can tell its a Droid X...

Did I just sin? haha

Actually it's more than than.. I am coming from a Droid X and one of the things that bothered me is the phone would lag from time to time. Like sometimes, Id tap a shortcut to launch and app and the phone would sit there for a second before launching the app..

One of the things about the Thunderbolt that gets lost in all the battery issues is the speed of the phone. The Thunderbolt is a FAST phone. When you tap a shortcut, apps instantly show up. Screens flow nicely and the only time you see lag is when apps are installing from the market. Other than that, the Thunderbolt is probably one of the faster Android phones out there.

Cloud36426

Reaction score

Did I just sin? haha

Actually it's more than than.. I am coming from a Droid X and one of the things that bothered me is the phone would lag from time to time. Like sometimes, Id tap a shortcut to launch and app and the phone would sit there for a second before launching the app..

One of the things about the Thunderbolt that gets lost in all the battery issues is the speed of the phone. The Thunderbolt is a FAST phone. When you tap a shortcut, apps instantly show up. Screens flow nicely and the only time you see lag is when apps are installing from the market. Other than that, the Thunderbolt is probably one of the faster Android phones out there.

+1 I too am coming from an X and have to say that the TBOLT runs circles around the stock X. The X was a great phone but if I had to go back to it then I would feel like I was going back to a feature phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L

creaky

Reaction score

Did I just sin? haha

+1 I too am coming from an X and have to say that the TBOLT runs circles around the stock X. The X was a great phone but if I had to go back to it then I would feel like I was going back to a feature phone.

I have to admit that after confirming with VZW today that 1-yr contracts are disappearing on Sunday that I'm getting tempted to go with the TB after really wanting a dual-core phone. There's always the ebay option but I have an allergy to paying for something that's not really what I want. Somebody talk me down! Frickin' VZW!

shdowman

Reaction score

I have to admit that after confirming with VZW today that 1-yr contracts are disappearing on Sunday that I'm getting tempted to go with the TB after really wanting a dual-core phone. There's always the ebay option but I have an allergy to paying for something that's not really what I want. Somebody talk me down! Frickin' VZW!

No one can tell you what to do. I, myself am waiting. If TB had been the htc sensational, then I might have jumped. But for my money and IMO, TB is not that great of an upgrade (if really one at all) from what I currently have.

Don't fret too much over it though. Get what will suite your needs for what you will do with the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Reaction score
So how similar is the bionic performance supposed to be compared to the atrix? I was gonna stop by att and test out the atrix to see how it feels and screen quality, etc just to get a general ball park... but I WOULD like to know how general that is lollol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums