Droid 3 or continue waiting for Bionic?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by codye91, Jul 7, 2011.

1. codye91

codye91 New Member

Okay guys. I need some input and guidance here. I live in an area where 4g might be available within the next two years. I am really torn between these two phones. I have been waiting for the bionic since february and I am also a big fan of the og droid, even though I never owned one. I need to know guys, and money is an issue, shoyld I continue waiting or jump in the droid 3 which looks to me like it is going to be a great phone. Feel free to post some specs in your advice, and I know the difference in screen size, but 4.0 with a sliding keyboard is awesome. Okay guys, debate... Go!
  2. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    I am waiting for the Bionic. I want 4G LTE. If it is not in your area and LTE does not Matter to you then get the D3.
  3. wseyller

wseyller Member

For the most part it is 4G versus a physical keyboard. I want a 4g phone. If D3 was 4g I would consider it. D3 has slightly smaller screen. Bionic i'm guessing would cost $50 to $100 more.
  4. moset

moset Member

Physical keyboard is a nonissue for me as is 4G.
    I guess screen size its the only difference?
    Same otherwise?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. JriderG

JriderG New Member

Who needs a physical keyboard. The keys on my onscreen keyboard are bigger anyways. Droid3 is as useless as DROIDx2 imho. 4g is really fast. You could tether and get a 5gb file overnight.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  6. Covington

Covington New Member

I live in an area with no 4g and probably won't be getting it for a while(Northwest LA) but I still want a 4g phone for the simple fact that we may get it in 2012 and I also travel to Dallas quite often. Almost the (rumored) specs for the Bionic fits what I need in a phone.
  7. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

I need a physical keyboard. Its all about preference so what might be best for you won't always be best for everyone else. This is what makes Android so great, CHOICE.
  8. FastKatt

FastKatt New Member

Bionic is 4g & dual core. Nuff said...

Swyped on my Droid, sent via Tapatalk. It's amazing what ones thumb can do!
  9. wseyller

wseyller Member

The D3 is aimed towards customers that want the slide out keyboard. There are some people that won't go without one. I personally almost don't need any keyboard. Voice input i used most of the time unless i need privacy or i'm in a loud environment.
  10. Al Neri

Al Neri New Member

I am seriously considering getting a D3 after watching the how to vids on here. My area is getting 4G at the end of the month. My NE 2 upgrade isn't til Oct but I am getting antsy in the pantsy and the D3 looks pretty solid.

I am nervous that the Bionic is going to be a disappointment and have ****ty battery life.
  11. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter New Member

If its up in october why even fret if youre not buying a phone in the immediate future? There will be plenty of reviews for each by then... Bionic will be all like "meeep meeep.....PEEEWWWWNNNNNN!!!!!"
  12. DoctorV

DoctorV Member

Wow you're getting 4G at the end of the month but you may not get a 4G phone? That sounds almost . . . . . UnAmerican :) I'm a physical keyboard kind a guy but I say to hell with it if I can get 4G speeds :)
  13. DrPepper721

DrPepper721 New Member

Ya I currently own a Charge and the 4G speeds are amazing. When my phone drops to a 3G network it is really slow. So if you are soon getting 4G network I definitely recommend a 4G phone. Wait for the bionic or get one of the 4G LTE phones.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  14. codye91

codye91 New Member

Okay guys, tell me honestly... I have big fingers, which makes the touch screen keyboard evil sometimes... I also will not have 4G by the end of 2011... according to the verizon wireless website anyway. I live in a small town, and I go to school in a bigger town, but still not big enough I guess. I guess going to a major university in Virginia Tech still doesn't qualify Blacksburg for 4G. So, in not wanting to spend a ton of money for 4G tech that I can't use for at least another year and a half... What should I do?
  15. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

You go to tech? :p

I say go with what feels right to you. I say go to a store when the D3 comes out and see how it feels. Same with the Bionic when it comes out. Then go with which ever you like the best.
  16. Al Neri

Al Neri New Member

I get my NE@ discount in Oct but I can buy the D3 now at the 2 year contract price (I think my NE2 discount is $50 or $100 not sure which). More than likely I will wait but the D3 does seem liek a great phone.
  17. kingsway8605

kingsway8605 New Member

Have to be honest, the $460 outright price is tempting, but I just bought an incredible 2 and it is quick. The extra RAM isn't talked about a lot but it really helps.

Sent from my Droid Bionic
  18. codye91

codye91 New Member

Oh, btw... Price is like this. I've been eligible for upgrade since February. I won't being paying the total price. Got a fascinate from craigslist and am running 2.3 on it now lol. Yes, I do go to tech. :p Back atcha'. I'm just thinking out loud guys. I love the physical keyboard, and I love the bionic. I just don't know.....
  19. djk_dnb

djk_dnb New Member

Damn it! Now I'm facing a difficult choice too! D3 / Bionic

Hey, Everyone! = )

My new-every-two will be available to me on July 11th. I am a twisted mess as I try to choose between the D3, and potentially epic Bionic. Up until about a week ago, at which point, I dropped my D1 into my bathtub, I relied on a physical keyboard for all my text input. My fingers seemed to always accidentally land on some letter or character by accident as I moved on to my next desired letter or character... So... after my D1 took a dunk, I let it dry out on my laptop fan for 3 days... and it came back to life... mostly. The physical keyboard was still wonky though, and if I used it, would crash my phone. So, I learned to use the on-screen keyboard, and it discovered just how well the voice input function works. It's actually quite good so long as you are not in a noisy environment, and be sure to speak slowly and clearly. Anyway... I am torn between the D3, and waiting for the ghostly Bionic. I think that now, I can live without the physical keyboard, but I really do prefer having one if for no other reason for the forced screen orientation. My D1 is working well again, but it feels so dated and slow now, and I want something faster! What can I say? I'm a speed junkie! I know that it's impossible to promise anything about the Bionic, and I'm only sharing this info to show others that I am at my renewal date, and pulling my hair out trying to pick one!
  20. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I picked up the Charge just to test 4G and its blazing fast - the Bionic will be my next phone ;)
Search tags for this page

droid a855 vs droid 3