Droid Bionic exclusive to Verizon, Android jealousy inevitable!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get what the article is saying but it's not actually saying anything we didn't already know. It's saying that because it's going to be 4G, it won't go to another carrier. We just found out earlier that since we can't roam with 4G, you can only use Verizon phones with Verizon LTE so it only makes sense the Bionic will only be coming to Verizon.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
ATT- Atrix 4G
Sprint- Photon 4G
Verizon- Bionic 4G
(T-Mobile is the only main US carrier without it, but they have the HTC Sensation anyway.)

They are all pretty much the same. Except I have the feeling the VZ will put the Bionic at about twice the price as the others.

I really wish I was on Sprint right now....

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
ATT- Atrix 4G
Sprint- Photon 4G
Verizon- Bionic 4G
(T-Mobile is the only main US carrier without it, but they have the HTC Sensation anyway.)

They are all pretty much the same. Except I have the feeling the VZ will put the Bionic at about twice the price as the others.

I really want 2 c the price tag 4 this monster.And as far as Sprint-bad coverage and dropped calls-you wishin u were with sprint and im gettin the heck outta dodge,now thats funny lol!!!!!!

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score
ATT- Atrix 4G
Sprint- Photon 4G
Verizon- Bionic 4G

You can compare the Atrix with the Photon. but the Bionic will be its own beast.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
ATT- Atrix 4G
Sprint- Photon 4G
Verizon- Bionic 4G

You can compare the Atrix with the Photon. but the Bionic will be its own beast.

Whats said to be different?
Other than the networks?

And I hope the bionic has a finger print scanner like the Atrix. That would be sick...

chuckz28

Reaction score
ATT- Atrix 4G
Sprint- Photon 4G
Verizon- Bionic 4G

I know you'd like to believe that but it will be essentially the same phone.

Reaction score
ATT- Atrix 4G
Sprint- Photon 4G
Verizon- Bionic 4G

I know you'd like to believe that but it will be essentially the same phone.

I would compare the bionic to the photon with some differences, not the bionic to the atrix. The first two arent essentially the same phone

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 gig ram
dual core
qhd 960x540 (or whatever it is)

Besides some small differences in actual screen dimensions and size of phone, Photon/Atrix/Bionic are practically the same phone. The only difference I could think of of any significance (and it may or may not be much) is that the Atrix/Photon have the dual core Tegra 2, and the Bionic might have the dual core TI OMAP? Someone correct me on that please, as I haven't dug much yet.

Reaction score
1 gig ram
dual core

Besides some small differences in actual screen dimensions and size of phone, Photon/Atrix/Bionic are practically the same phone. The only difference I could think of of any significance (and it may or may not be much) is that the Atrix/Photon have the dual core Tegra 2, and the Bionic might have the dual core TI OMAP? Someone correct me on that please, as I haven't dug much yet.

A few off the top of my head is the tegra vs omap, 1080p vid vs 720p, no mention of gorilla glass in the photon whereas rumors have pinned that on the bionic table.

Although there are dual core there can and probably will be a significant difference in performance. You can compare a similarly clocked intel cpu vs an amd and notice that intel wipes the floor with amd. With the welcoming with open arms that the insiders and knowledgeable mobile tech gurus of the TI chip vs tegra I suspect we will see a greater performance increase over the bechmarks (although im not too crazy about the consistency of quadrant results. While they are similar, I believe that the smaller differences the bionic has still qualifies it to be on the top of the moto mast till the years end. All this without the confirmation of bionic specs so there may even be a treat still in store.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
1 gig ram
dual core

A few off the top of my head is the tegra vs omap, 1080p vid vs 720p, no mention of gorilla glass in the photon whereas rumors have pinned that on the bionic table.

Although there are dual core there can and probably will be a significant difference in performance. You can compare a similarly clocked intel cpu vs an amd and notice that intel wipes the floor with amd. With the welcoming with open arms that the insiders and knowledgeable mobile tech gurus of the TI chip vs tegra I suspect we will see a greater performance increase over the bechmarks (although im not too crazy about the consistency of quadrant results. While they are similar, I believe that the smaller differences the bionic has still qualifies it to be on the top of the moto mast till the years end. All this without the confirmation of bionic specs so there may even be a treat still in store.

If there is a treat in store, they should probably tell people soon...
I am starting to wonder what about the Bionic made me wait for it, when there are better spec'd phones on other carriers.... (at least from the specs rumored for the Bionic)

sk102704

Reaction score
1 gig ram
dual core

I am starting to wonder what about the Bionic made me wait for it, when there are better spec'd phones on other carriers.... (at least from the specs rumored for the Bionic)

What phone out there has better specs than the Bionic? I've seen stuff close but noways better

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With the phone rumored to be available within only a couple of weeks you'd think we'd have a few more solid details about it in our hands by now. It isn't like they can go and put off the release for 5 months or so and change all the specs....can they?:icon_eek:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

What phone out there has better specs than the Bionic? I've seen stuff close but noways better

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Well the Galaxy S2 beats in areas like the screen. (if the Bionic has pentile)
And the processor (if the Bionic has 1GZ Dual Core)

And the HTC Sensation and EVO3D has dual 1.2 gHZ processor aswell.

But I am just comparing to the specs that have been rumored. I have no idea if they are true.

And I have not used the Dual Core processor in the Droid 3, which will probably be in the Bionic, so I may be wrong about the speeds too.

So hopefully MOTO pulls together and releases a phone worth waiting for. And also, we need Verizon to put a reasonable price on it, unlike how they priced there other 4G devices.

Last edited:

Covington

Reaction score
With the phone rumored to be available within only a couple of weeks you'd think we'd have a few more solid details about it in our hands by now. It isn't like they can go and put off the release for 5 months or so and change all the specs....can they?:icon_eek:

Terrifying isn't it?
Motorola is still relatively quite about the phone even after these all these rumors.
Not even official pictures.
It would be sad to see a Sept release date.