Reasons to choose Bionic over iPhone 5

destrekor

Reaction score
The iPhone 5, if it carries the A5 SoC... will be the first phone to have a true dual-core GPU in addition to the dual-core CPU.
SGX543MP2+ is a fantastic little bugger of a GPU.

But I feel quite fine siding with the likely bumped-up clockspeed of the SGX540 combined with the rest of the awesome OMAP 4430 SoC. I'll trade down a little in the GPU arena if that means I can continue to avoid Apple like a plague.
Their business/sales models and SOP disgust me, and no matter how awesome their hardware is, and regardless of how much the OS improves... I can't support that company. Not a brand loyalty thing, like some people seem to hold onto like a grudge... it's one of the few companies I actively avoid due to the way they do business.

Amazing hardware though, sadly, the company and OS is way behind the hardware division imho.

Of course, Sony's PS Via is kind of exciting when discussing GPUs... it'll have a quad-core version of the SGX543 found in the A5 chip. Kinda makes me drool in anticipation, though doubtful I'll purchase one of those beasts anytime in the first year of availability, if ever.

For me, unless the Bionic's screen is terrible, I'll most likely upgrade to it - my Droid (D1) is getting a little... elderly. Though really the big issue is whether it is released unlocked, or at least, launched without an encrypted bootloader that can't be unlocked. After launch I'll probably give it a few days to see how the community is doing... but I have no hope of seeing the SGSII aka Function released anytime soon, and LTE is up in the air on that one anyway.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont you guys just love blind hatred

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

OP
Oxymoron

Oxymoron

Reaction score
The only things I'm jealous of on the iPhone are the elegant styling, and the beautiful display. There is no argument that the iPhone has the best looking display of any mobile device. It's just a really handsome piece of technology as a whole.

I don't really buy anything apple anymore, but it has more to do with knowing more about Android/PC's than I do about Apple/Mac's than anything else. I think they make solid products. They're just not my preference.

*customized tapatalk signature*

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only things I'm jealous of on the iPhone are the elegant styling, and the beautiful display. There is no argument that the iPhone has the best looking display of any mobile device. It's just a really handsome piece of technology as a whole.

I don't really buy anything apple anymore, but it has more to do with knowing more about Android/PC's than I do about Apple/Mac's than anything else. I think they make solid products. They're just not my preference.

That's exactly right, it is a beautiful phone, does it do everything 99% of cell phone users want it to do, yes. The hardcore Android users cry simplicity all the time but the VAST majority of cell users want just that. After rooting and seeing what my D1 is capable of, is the iPhone for me, no but that doesn't take away from it being a tremendous piece of hardware. Android users have become the biggest group of lemmings in the trend of hating on Apple and I have no patience for it anymore.

OP
Oxymoron

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Simplicity of use is truthfully what most users want. This can be verified by hanging out in any carrier's store, and listening to the questions/conversations customers are having with reps. Many of the "complaints" the customers have are a direct result of user error, and/or a lack of understanding of how to operate the device.

I heard a lady complaing saying that "When I am typing, sometimes it puts a word that I didn't intend in there. Why does it do that? Do I have a virus?" She had absolutely no clue what autocorrect was.

Sorry, a little off topic. I just meant to agree with you, that simplicity of use is what the general public is after.

Those of us on this forum... different story :-D
We love to dive right in there and pull things apart, so we can put them back together better than they were. Android is the perfect means to that end. A tool for the technophile.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Simplicity of use is truthfully what most users want. This can be verified by hanging out in any carrier's store, and listening to the questions/conversations customers are having with reps. Many of the "complaints" the customers have are a direct result of user error, and/or a lack of understanding of how to operate the device.

I heard a lady complaing saying that "When I am typing, sometimes it puts a word that I didn't intend in there. Why does it do that? Do I have a virus?" She had absolutely no clue what autocorrect was.

Sorry, a little off topic. I just meant to agree with you, that simplicity of use is what the general public is after.

Those of us on this forum... different story :-D
We love to dive right in there and pull things apart, so we can put them back together better than they were. Android is the perfect means to that end. A tool for the technophile.

Agreed, that's not to say people shouldn't take a second to learn how to use their phones because I think they should. I know for me personally I chose the D1 at the time because it was the only smartphone for Verizon that wasn't a Blackberry. I can say if the iPhone was available at the time I probably would have taken it. I am glad it wasn't though. I have had an awesome time learning pretty much everything about my D1.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Not compared to the galaxy s2.
[video=youtube;yAJOa8hc3XU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAJOa8hc3XU]‪Apple iPhone 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S 2 "Face Off"‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

OP
Oxymoron

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Before I made the jump from Windows Mobile to Android, I remember being a little disappointed Verizon didn't have the iPhone. Like you, I'm glad it worked out that way. My D1 has been so much fun, and I've learned a lot.

If the iPhone were as hacker friendly as Android devices, I'd probably consider it. It really is beautiful.

yiannis

Reaction score
That's exactly right, it is a beautiful phone, does it do everything 99% of cell phone users want it to do, yes. The hardcore Android users cry simplicity all the time but the VAST majority of cell users want just that. After rooting and seeing what my D1 is capable of, is the iPhone for me, no but that doesn't take away from it being a tremendous piece of hardware. Android users have become the biggest group of lemmings in the trend of hating on Apple and I have no patience for it anymore.

99% ??? You must admit that the major drive for buying an iPhone is to have something that's easy to use, elegant and trendy. But an iPhone 5 can fill 99% of people's needs? Try more like 60-70%.

Google Maps support is a massive part of my cell phone usage and now LTE will make streaming and watching videos possible on the go.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

99% ??? You must admit that the major drive for buying an iPhone is to have something that's easy to use, elegant and trendy. But an iPhone 5 can fill 99% of people's needs? Try more like 60-70%.

Google Maps support is a massive part of my cell phone usage and now LTE will make streaming and watching videos possible on the go.

No one even knows the true specs of the iPhone5 yet anyway, so any comparison right now is just ridiculous. Apple also offers free Navigation and it runs offline as well as online. LTE is not Android related, Apple at somepoint will offer a 4g iPhone as well. The iPhone does far more than most people in this forum care to admit it does.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

No one even knows the true specs of the iPhone5 yet anyway, so any comparison right now is just ridiculous. Apple also offers free Navigation and it runs offline as well as online. LTE is not Android related, Apple at somepoint will offer a 4g iPhone as well. The iPhone does far more than most people in this forum care to admit it does.

I have an iPod, and the only real difference betweeen the iPhone and iPod is calling/texting/3G/etc.

And I can say it doesn't do anything NEAR what Android can.
And no free navigation can compare to google maps, and it can navigate offline too.

And sure Apple with offer a LTE iPhone soon, but then again not really...
The chances of a 4G iPhone 5 are VERY slim, and then we'll have to wait another year...then if they don't have it then its another year...etc.

I wish I could say that the iPhone is near the latest Android phones, but its really not. Even when the iPhone 4 released, the EVO 4G beat it in specs.