Droid Bionic exclusive to Verizon, Android jealousy inevitable!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few off the top of my head is the tegra vs omap, 1080p vid vs 720p, no mention of gorilla glass in the photon whereas rumors have pinned that on the bionic table.

Although there are dual core there can and probably will be a significant difference in performance. You can compare a similarly clocked intel cpu vs an amd and notice that intel wipes the floor with amd. With the welcoming with open arms that the insiders and knowledgeable mobile tech gurus of the TI chip vs tegra I suspect we will see a greater performance increase over the bechmarks (although im not too crazy about the consistency of quadrant results. While they are similar, I believe that the smaller differences the bionic has still qualifies it to be on the top of the moto mast till the years end. All this without the confirmation of bionic specs so there may even be a treat still in store.

Oh I definitely agree it could be the top of the Moto mast, but even with those differences, it's still a slightly souped up (imho) and larger Atrix. :p

Which, by the way, isn't necessarily a bad thing... The Atrix is an awesome phone to say the least.

Last edited:

akhi216

Reaction score
A few off the top of my head is the tegra vs omap, 1080p vid vs 720p, no mention of gorilla glass in the photon whereas rumors have pinned that on the bionic table.

Although there are dual core there can and probably will be a significant difference in performance. You can compare a similarly clocked intel cpu vs an amd and notice that intel wipes the floor with amd. With the welcoming with open arms that the insiders and knowledgeable mobile tech gurus of the TI chip vs tegra I suspect we will see a greater performance increase over the bechmarks (although im not too crazy about the consistency of quadrant results. While they are similar, I believe that the smaller differences the bionic has still qualifies it to be on the top of the moto mast till the years end. All this without the confirmation of bionic specs so there may even be a treat still in store.

Oh I definitely agree it could be the top of the Moto mast, but even with those differences, it's still a slightly souped up (imho) and larger Atrix. :p

Which, by the way, isn't necessarily a bad thing... The Atrix is an awesome phone to say the least.

My thoughts exactly.

sk102704

Reaction score
With the phone rumored to be available within only a couple of weeks you'd think we'd have a few more solid details about it in our hands by now. It isn't like they can go and put off the release for 5 months or so and change all the specs....can they?:icon_eek:

Yeah but Moto has been pretty quiet about the last 2 devices on Verizon, the X2 and the Droid 3. The only way the processor on the D3 was confirmed was to have some sight buy one after its release date and tear it apart. The Best Buy ad that was discovered means its gotta be close

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

sk102704

Reaction score
If there is a treat in store, they should probably tell people soon...
I am starting to wonder what about the Bionic made me wait for it, when there are better spec'd phones on other carriers.... (at least from the specs rumored for the Bionic)

What phone out there has better specs than the Bionic? I've seen stuff close but noways better

Well the Galaxy S2 beats in areas like the screen. (if the Bionic has pentile)
And the processor (if the Bionic has 1GZ Dual Core)

And the HTC Sensation and EVO3D has dual 1.2 gHZ processor aswell.

But I am just comparing to the specs that have been rumored. I have no idea if they are true.

And I have not used the Dual Core processor in the Droid 3, which will probably be in the Bionic, so I may be wrong about the speeds too.

So hopefully MOTO pulls together and releases a phone worth waiting for. And also, we need Verizon to put a reasonable price on it, unlike how they priced there other 4G devices.

If the S2 was going to be 4g which most believe it won't than it would be a tough decision between it and the Bionic and the Bionic's processor is rumored to be anywhere between 1-1.5ghz.

The screen argument can go back and forth but most would agree the screen on the S2 is better but it not having 4g is a deal breaker for me since I live where there is 4g.

The only phone that I have heard of that can truly compete with what the Bionic is supposed to have is the next Nexus. But that's a ways off and I only have about 3 weeks of patience left...

sandfreak

Reaction score
I only have about 3 weeks of patience left...

Preach on!!! I'm with ya. Getting sick of waiting. I've been debating whether to stick with verizon or not, I've been eligible to upgrade since February, and I think this month my contract is officially up. Been waiting on the Bionic, but enough is enough.

akhi216

Reaction score
Edit: I didn't know what I was thinking lol. Thanks@jroc.

Last edited:

regkilla

Reaction score
Of course the Droid Bionic gonna be only on Verizon. Verizon is the only cellphone network to have permission to use the 'Droid' trademark name.

akhi216

Reaction score
ATT- Atrix 4G
Sprint- Photon 4G
Verizon- Bionic 4G
(T-Mobile is the only main US carrier without it, but they have the HTC Sensation anyway.)

They are all pretty much the same. Except I have the feeling the VZ will put the Bionic at about twice the price as the others.

I really wish I was on Sprint right now....

Well, the main difference that sets the Bionic away from it's AT&Trash and Sprint cousins that I see is that the Bionic has a HTML5 viewer (what Steve Nob Jobs praises over Adobe Flash) according to the specs on phonearena.com.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Motorola-Droid-Bionic-Targa_id5306