Droid and OS 2.1 Question

L0ST3489

Reaction score
I am pretty good with jailbreaking and hacking my various devices over the years and good with my computer. That said I am not one to take risks and I am wondering what would happen if I attempted to install 2.1 OS and bricked my phone useless. I only bought it two weeks ago at Best Buy, would I be able to return it for a new one? Would my warranty with VZ be good still? Basically I am wondering about my safety.

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
I am pretty good with jailbreaking and hacking my various devices over the years and good with my computer. That said I am not one to take risks and I am wondering what would happen if I attempted to install 2.1 OS and bricked my phone useless. I only bought it two weeks ago at Best Buy, would I be able to return it for a new one? Would my warranty with VZ be good still? Basically I am wondering about my safety.

I'm on the same boat, but I bought the Best Buy warranty - anyone know if this covers accidental bricking?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys but you guys lose out. If you brick it you own it :icon_evil:

Erich_F

Reaction score
I would imagine if it was insured, that would cover it. Should be no different than dropping it in the toilette. No one INTENDS to brick their phone, no matter how it happens.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would imagine if it was insured, that would cover it. Should be no different than dropping it in the toilette. No one INTENDS to brick their phone, no matter how it happens.

Might need to read the fine print about anything on user modifications....

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think the better way to look at this is. If you aren't willing to live with the consequences. don't mod your device :)

jeff.essy

Reaction score
first of all if you root your phone that recks the warranty.as far as a return i dont think they will.the 2.1 update is not released for verizon yet.i wouldnt risk it

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
first of all if you root your phone that recks the warranty.as far as a return i dont think they will.the 2.1 update is not released for verizon yet.i wouldnt risk it

True...But then if I do brick my phone..I have no issue paying full price for another.... But thats me.

Same as modding a car...over boosting an engine....not covered under warranty..