easiest way to root 2.1 for droid

fatpat3

Reaction score
can someone suggest me a good tutorial on how to root 2.1 for droid? I want to root it but I'm looking for an easy way of doing it and one where I am likely not to brick my droid. a video with it would be prefered

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'd suggest post 13 of the 1st link in my signature. This is an easy to follow guide someone wrote up.

install rsd lite
install sprecovery with rsd lite
flash a rooted rom (and that guide gives the link to the stock rooted rom for 2.2)

If you have any issues installing rsd lite then visit the 3rd link in my signature.

And if you get stuck, you know where to find us:)

OP
F

fatpat3

Reaction score
I'd suggest post 13 of the 1st link in my signature. This is an easy to follow guide someone wrote up.

install rsd lite
flash a rooted rom (and that guide gives the link to the stock rooted rom for 2.2)

If you have any issues installing rsd lite then visit the 3rd link in my signature.

thx, that worked to perfectly, no problems. i was alittle afraid of bricking but it didnt and no problems. now, do u know of any cool roms or themes to get? im new to all of this, thx again thoughdancedroid

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score

install rsd lite

I personally would like to thank you for your second link. I think in about 2+ hours I'll have gone from stuck on M logo to rooted and on my way to prior status!