Rooting my droid the easiest way how to

fantom557

Reaction score
I am a newbe and i have decided to root my droid but i am unclear which is the best and easiest way to do so. i also want to back up my droid before hand incase i want to go back to the original way. is there a program that does the back up to revert to and can anyone point me to rooting for dummies like me.

huskur

Reaction score
I am a newbe and i have decided to root my droid but i am unclear which is the best and easiest way to do so. i also want to back up my droid before hand incase i want to go back to the original way. is there a program that does the back up to revert to and can anyone point me to rooting for dummies like me.

www.droidmod.org just click the droidmod updaterlink on the page from your phones browser. Just be sure to read up on rooting first. youtube has some great videos on it plus the forum has much much info on it. Just use the search to find it

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

DroidMod Updater is probably the easiest way. Do some searches, there are plenty of threads with instructions, and instructional videos. Make sure you understand what's happening, what's going to happen, and be comfortable with it.

We're here for you.

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
thank you all this is why i love this forum coming form an iphone and a BB its the bad boy phone and boy do i love it. i had read someplace these was an app that you can use to back up the entire phone like the iphone and it restores if there is a problem does anyone know about it or was it just some one b.sing.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The easiest way is stated already by those responding. The best way though...that is up to you. I read a bunch of threads here. I knew of dmupdater but chose the threads in my signature and followed those. If you understand what root will get you and you read the manual methods and they intimidate you, then go the dmupdater root. Even if you read and understand everything you may still want to choose a more automatic route. If you are ok with doing some typing and following some instructions then one of the other routes might be "best" for you.

dmupdater lets you revert back and so do the manual methods too. Good luck, have fun!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The backup software is SPRecovery and Nandroid. DMUpdater will do this for you too, but you should still read about how they work.

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
Wow i cant say how much i love this forum and the people involved.

Does this forum have a home app so i can put it on my phone or a wallapaper to advertise it. i have GDE and i am looking for a cool home screen. crackberry used to put out there own logo so you can have it on your phone.