Droid 4 ICS good, quirky, and crashing

PackersDudeJAS

Reaction score
I have read that many people had problems with battery life after updating. I have been having fantastic battery life. I can work a 12 hour day with phone calls, texts, and lots of emailing and its still over 50%. This is the most dramatic transformation for me.

I do love many of the new features of ICS, even if I do not use them, like facial unlock. Being able to unlock directly into camera, phone or text is also nice, but I often instinctivly swipe to the right to unlock, even if I am going into text. I wish you could change those. I would have a direct unlock to mail or web browser, but no big deal. The big deal is the constant freezing.

I experience most of my locking during web browsing. I was so excited to get chrome, but it crashed on me constantly. I changed over to Dolphin as I heard good things. That crashes too. Even the standard browser has failed on me. Are other people having this problem too? I try and do the home-hold and swipe out extra running programs very often, but it has not helped me with the crashing. Is there crap-ware running which was pre-installed which is causing this problem? Is an update needed? Advice?

vsheckler

Reaction score
I too have a Droid 4 and my experience is similar to yours although I wouldn't say my batter life has improved. It keeps crashing (mostly using the standard browser that comes with it) and with Facebook, Gmail, and Email. Probably a few other apps as well but those are the ones I use the most often - therefore I notice it.

Have you been to this forum? Others having worse problems than yours and no real answers...
https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/780044

I gotta say, I hate user forums like these. So useless. No experts, mostly speculation.

MidnightLight

Reaction score
Same here. My D4 often freezes seemingly at random ever since the ICS update. Thinking of doing a factory reset at some point to see if that helps.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Definitely do a factory data reset on your phone since getting the ICS update.

My Droid 4 runs better, faster, cooler and far longer on ICS then it did on Gingerbread....as well as no crashes or freezes. Of course I did a factory data reset after getting the update and then reinstalled all my apps. Rooted the device, froze a lot of the bloat and then restored my app data back.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

XNAVYGAL

Reaction score
I finally did an FDR on my droid4 and I am still having problems with apps not responding. I'm having heck of a time trying to watch movies...what else is there to do? I don't want to root.

XNAVYGAL

Reaction score
Yes a few times...so frustrating!

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums

silverfang77

Reaction score
Not only a factory data reset, but have it reformat internal and external storage too, after backing your files up.

Also, if you're willing to root and get Titanium Backup Plus, you can have it freeze the DRM Protected Storage service, which caused me a lot of grief battery wise.

Last edited: