fix ics on droid 4

dhaynes

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else is have as many problems with ICS as I am but I'm bout to freaking go crazy with this **** over heating, bottery life worse than it was, apps force closing all the time, and the every day hard resets cuz the phone freezes up this is stupid

Sent from my DROID4

mattjenn

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with mine at all I actually get better battery life then I did on GB

OP
dhaynes

dhaynes

Reaction score
I dont understand what the problem is then

Sent from my DROID4

mattjenn

Reaction score
Have you done factory reset I know it sucks but my DROIDX had alot of issues when I got GB update and reset fixed alot of it. Also some handsets take updates different yours might need to be replaced if they continue but I would try reset 1st cause if you get replacement chances are it will be a preowned phone and those have more issues then not it took my wife 4 replacements to get one to work right.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Yup, do a factory reset. If that doesn't help then SBF ICS. It's obviously a software problem since you didn't have any problems on GB, so factory reset and/or SBF should clear up the problems.

droiduh

Reaction score
I had ICS downloaded and installed within 45 minutes. Since then, I don't have a problem with ICS on Droid 4. Battery life is better. Apps loading/running better too. In fact, the phone used to overheat on gingerbread (2.3.X) and now it doesn't. I'm liking the ICS version a lot.

PS- I have not rooted or made changes to the phone.

MaDMaS

Reaction score
Do you have set CPU or some other CPU program controlling the clock speed?

2 things that I have noticed.

1) The Ram Usage of ICS is significantly higher than gingerbread was. Meaning it takes fewer apps running in the background to bog down the system. I have installed an app called ram booster that automatically kills the unneeded background tasks as needed when system memory say has anything less than 150MB free. that has kept my Droid 4 from locking up while the screen is on.

2) I have noticed that my phone would freeze alot when the screen was turned off. I was running set cpu and would clock the CPU down to 300 Mhz (hotplug governor). With gingerbread this was never an issue. But im finding that with set cpu at 300 when the screen is off the phone will not wake back up. So I changed the governor to ondemand and the Mhz to 800. So far it hasnt frozen asleep since. That was about 2 days ago.

So id say if you have a cpu clocking app installed try to play around with the screen off profile settings.
Hope this helps some.

MaDMaS

Reaction score
correction

I have SetCPU using Hotplug with 300 min and have never had a problem with it. I'm also undervolted too.

I forgot to mention that I was running 300 min 300 Max. I am now running 300 min 600 Max. And again I went from hot plug to on demand. Like I said so far so good for me. Fingers crossed. No more freezing/ screen won't turn on.

sangelopez

Reaction score
Have any of you noticed that when you open a new text message (pressing the plus button on top right on stock messaging app) and there is a blank field to put the desired contact name to text the virtual keyboard doesnt come up you have to click it manually unlike in GB it would come up automatically. This is very frustrating. Any ideas or somthing in the setting that might prevent it from opening automatically. Thanks

OP
dhaynes

dhaynes

Reaction score
I downloaded a battery saver app and a cache cleaner and I'm having better battery life and not as bad temp problems nor is it laggy anymore

Sent from my DROID4

silverfang77

Reaction score
If you're rooted, freeze the DRM Protected Storage service. That was the culprit on mine.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Kabilos

Reaction score
What app are you using to Freeze ? I used to have one on my old D1, and I thought Titanium had the ability to freeze apps but I cant seem to find a good one.